• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Bonh riding gear

I bought the Bohn pants a few months ago and have ridden with them a few times. I bought the Bodyguard Adventure Armored Pants, not the mesh. The mesh (https://www.bohnarmor.com/catalog/proddetail.php?prod=BGLC&cat=37) seem likely to tear, and they remind me of something I want to erase from my visual memory - Oscar De La Hoya cross-dressing http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/11/11/oscar-de-la-hoya-what-may-be-behind-cross-dressing-rumors.html. I bought the Bohn gear to wear under blue jeans (will buy kevlar jeans soon) with a motorcycle jacket on days when I don't feel like putting on riding pants, i.e., a change of pace.

I am very familiar with hot summers in Texas but don't have any experience with the Bohn undergarments in those conditions yet. On the whole I am satisfied with them. The armor seems to stay in place and is not cumbersome. The marketing focus seems to be "wear under your blue jeans and no one will know you are wearing them." I don't care about that; not ashamed to be seen wearing protective motorcycle gear (actually the opposite is the case).

I have a pair of the Adventure Pants also. Living in Florida, we have to deal with a lot of humidity. Honestly, any riding gear is hot but I've worn these under regular jeans, Draggin' Jeans and Sliders Kevlar cargo pants and in my opinion, aren't any hotter. The heat is more noticeable under either of the Kevlar pants but they're hotter anyway. I like them as an option to regular riding pants. I can get off the bike and walk around without looking like I just got off a bike. Worth the money in my opinion and I'm considering buying another pair of the pants with out armor to swap out when they get funky!

This suggestion is so obvious that it escaped me for years: Get overpants in WHITE.  It makes a huge difference over the black ones I've been wearing for the past 20 years.  They're not common, but they're often found in the closeout section, since everyone seems to want the standard black ones.

I figured this out last year just before the summer hit, and my commute was made SO much more comfortable!  They're heavy leather and mesh.  They take a lot of break-in, but are well worth it.  I got mine for $169; tried to find them at that price, but maybe you'll have better luck.

http://www.motorhelmets.com/htm-apparel/icon/2012-04/icon-apparel-street-pants-men-leather-mesh-compound-overpant.htm

made a few rides now and they seem to be ok. 

286 $ seemed high but im sure when i fall that will be $ well spent. 

you can tell in the knees that they are there under the jeans.  not bad tho. 

Looks like good chit...Guess what my baby is getting for Christmas? She is gonna love it.  :)

I had to buy the Bohn Crusader Heavy-Duty Armored Shirt for myself as well.

Thanks again COG for helping me spend my money!  :truce:

Gumby said:
Looks like good chit...Guess what my baby is getting for Christmas? She is gonna love it.  :)

I had to buy the Bohn Crusader Heavy-Duty Armored Shirt for myself as well.

Thanks again COG for helping me spend my money!  :truce:
I'm sending back the Airtex shirt and Adventure pants I bought not really impressed with the armor or the fit on my girlfriend, either was she.

I'm going to keep the Bohn Crusader Heavy-Duty Armored Shirt, it is well made and will make a great chest protector/body armor for dirt bike riding.