• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Bonjour de France

ferabern143

Bonjour
je m'appelle Bernard, j'habite en France, pilote d'enduro toute ma vie, un passage par une XJ900 que j'ai vite abandonné à regret et me voilà depuis environ neuf ans avec un side-car GTR 1000/Jewell (Mimile) avec qui nous allons régulièrement sorti avec ma femme qui adore ça aussi, j'ai aussi une GTR solo (grisette) et toute la mécanique passe par mes mains.

Last edited:
Hello Bernard, welcome, come join as a member to help enhance your visibility to technical documents and archives - very valuable.

I like your blue machine - and the sidecar a rarity. Does your wife prefer the sidecar vs 2-up when riding with you? Does the sidecar, from her testimony, have a decent suspension to absorb bumps etc.? And lastly is it difficult to get used to driving a motorcycle like a car? Neat setup though!

Welcome,
Wayne, Carol & Blue

Bonjour Bernard, bienvenue, venez nous rejoindre en tant que membre pour aider à améliorer votre visibilité sur les documents techniques et les archives - très précieux.

J'aime votre machine bleue - et le side-car une rareté. Votre femme préfère-t-elle le side-car au 2-up lorsqu'elle roule avec vous ? Le side-car, d'après son témoignage, a-t-il une suspension décente pour absorber les bosses, etc. ? Et enfin est-il difficile de s'habituer à conduire une moto comme une voiture ? Configuration soignée cependant!

Accueillir,
Wayne, Carol et Blue
Merci beaucoup à vous, ma femme ne roule plus en vélo, uniquement en side-car et elle adore ça, j'ai tout changé et reconditionné les amortisseurs pour avoir un meilleur confort pour nous deux, à l'origine cela trop dur, voir sur mon Blog.
Pour bien s'adapter à la conduite d'un side-car il faut oublier tout ce qu'on a appris sur une moto à deux roues, c'est une autre monde mais c'est super.
Juste pour préciser, mon blog ne me rapporte pas d'argent, seulement la satisfaction d'avoir pu aider les gens et de partager.
Bernard

Last edited:
Reactions: Bud
image%2F2190700%2F20201219%2Fob_68ed71_20201219-091704.jpg

image%2F2190700%2F20211025%2Fob_48a388_20211025-121554.jpg

Bonjour Bernard!

Vous avez des belles machines. Comment le side-car se comporte dans les montagnes et routes sinueuses?

J'habite en Nouvelle-Écosse mais mes ancêtres viennent de la France.

A plus tard.
Claude

Attachments

• IMG_20160518_055244662.jpg
    IMG_20160518_055244662.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 61
Bonjour
merci beaucoup, les petites routes sinueuses de montagne, c'est là qu'on est le mieux, on habite juste à côté des Alpes, le side car est aussi large qu'une voiture par contre il est moins long, donc plus agile, on adore ça, mais comme je l'ai dit il faut réapprendre à conduire, c'est spécial ;)

Bernard

Hello;
my free trial will end in a few days, delighted to have shared with you, I do not wish to be a full member, I live in France and the technical data do not interest me... I will come, as usual make a regular tour on the forum to read you, good health and good road to all ;)

Bernard

Best wishes.
Thanks for sharing the spark plug cap rebuild process. It will come in handy sometime I’m sure.
If I ever make it back to France to ride with my old buddy Benoit Unal, we’ll try to look you up.👍👍
Kind Regards
Bob

Thanks. I have book marked you blog for future reference.

I plan to remove my fairing mirrors and install control mount mirrors as you have done.
With the higher and wider handle bars I cannot see much in them anyway.
My young assistant has confirmed the decision 🤣

IMG_0075.jpegIMG_1138.jpeg

I like the architecture of the engine, it would be a shame not to see it, tomorrow I go for a walk for a few days, 1200 km, on my return I will probably not be able to write ;)✌️

during my ride I made a beginner mistake and the bike fell during a maneuver at low speed, I could check that the bars of protections are really effective, I did not damage anything, except a little the painting of the bars ;)

1692892531-img-20230809-082850-1.jpg
1692892812-img-20230809-081625-1.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome!
I agree, beautiful photos.
I used a "paint marker" to touch up ghe tip over bars after I dropped my C10. These are similar to a regular marker (like a large Sharpie) except they dispense pain, not ink. They are very good for small spots that get scratched. I also used the paint marker to cover nicks on the black fork legs caused by stones.
Enjoy...I think assistant needs a lower motorcycle :)