• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Bought Sedici Terrano Jacket and Pants - Very Happy!

gilbysan

Coggers, first posting as a new member.  I wanted to buy a riding suit that would allow me to ride in cooler weather up here in the NW.  As you know riding suits can be very pricey depending on what brand you prefer.  The Sedici brand fit my budget and is sold by Cycle gear.  Got the Terrano Mesh Jacket and Arturo Mesh Pants.  The Jacket has three layers- outer mesh shell, middle rain layer, and inner thermal layer.  They attach via both zippers and hooks that you snap through to hold pieces in place.  The pants are a different model mainly because I did not care so much for the matching Terrano Pants, which also had three layers; I felt they were a bit too bulky for the NW climate.  The Arturo Pants have the outer mesh layer and inner rain layer.  To date I have ridden in temps down to 36 degrees with light rain and been very comfortable.  The rain layers have not been thoroughly tested yet but as to warmth, the suit does a good job for the money.  $139 for the Jacket and $129 for the pants.  I also got the Terrano waterproof gloves and although winter gloves take some getting used to due to their bulk, these do a good job of keeping my hands warm and dry. I can feel the grip warmers through the palms and this also helps.  I have taken to carrying my Alpinestars mesh jacket and gloves with me on trips that start out cold because it takes time to remove and replace the liners as the day warms up, it is just easier to put on the other jacket when needed.

Thanks for allowing me to share my experience!

BG

Thanks for the write up. Let us know how your gear holds up.

I have some new CG gloves that I like, but am a bit skeptical about how long they will last -- given the low price. But so far so good, and even the most expensive gloves I have eventually wear through or the leather starts tearing.

Hope you enjoy the new gear.

Coggers,

Just an update note to my first post re: the Sedici Terrano Jacket and Pants.  I have ridden on several days where the ambient temp. was as low as 25 degrees F and been comfortable at speeds approaching 80MPH.  Still no rain riding but will update whenever that happens...

Cheers!

gilbysan

SantaCruzRider said:
Thanks for the write up. Let us know how your gear holds up.

I have some new CG gloves that I like, but am a bit skeptical about how long they will last -- given the low price. But so far so good, and even the most expensive gloves I have eventually wear through or the leather starts tearing.

Hope you enjoy the new gear.
I had bought a pair of CG lower end gloves. They wore out in a week, seriously. I was gripping the grips somewhat tightly on that trip up and down the PCH on my KLR. It was cold and grip heat felt quite nice. Anyhow, CG was excellent about the return and upgrade to better gloves.

On another note, I purchased a cheapy helmet from the Oxnard, CA store for use a couple of weeks per year. My west coast helmet. Four years and about 8 months later some little plastic thingy in the shield mechanism broke. They did not carry replacement parts for that line of Built helmets so they gave me a full credit at current pricing for a new helmet with a fresh five year warranty. The warranty claim was at the Sanford, FL store. No receipt and bought clear across the country, no problem. They used the born on date of the helmet for verification. The new modular helmet I got is much quieter than my old HJC mod was.

Happy camper. BTW, the gloves are still hanging tough after a number of years.

gilbysan said:
Coggers,

Just an update note to my first post re: the Sedici Terrano Jacket and Pants.  I have ridden on several days where the ambient temp. was as low as 25 degrees F and been comfortable at speeds approaching 80MPH.  Still no rain riding but will update whenever that happens...

Cheers!

gilbysan

How did the sizing run? Did you need to go up a size  to fit over your pants?

I guess I'll add that I have the sedici 3 season pants - black, water liner and quilted thermo liner - don't know the name.  My first pair ripped a bit in the crotch after a year - no problem 5 year warrantee.  No questions asked.  Second pair has been maybe three years.  All good.  Use with my cheap xelement jacket for cold.

Also have the sedici mesh gear (the white ones) pants and jacket (Arturo maybe???).  Rain liner included.  One year, no issues. 

After having cheap gear like xelement, I'll say all my sedici gear has been a lot better and worth the money.  Especially the mesh because the cheap stuff is so heavy in comparison. 

I used to ride every day to work all weathers as I had no car and my bilt boots held up no problem rain or shine, They were soaked and snowed on never got wet feet once cold yes but wet no. I also have a sedici jacket and pants they were great but never had to use them as front line stuff as I did get a car eventually.