• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Brake job done

wjinks

Road Bike
0800 and I'm done! First I want to thank all who acted as my coach. I took a little bit from all and a job well done. About 1 and 1/2 hours inc putting stuff away and all that stuff. I removed the calipers as that seemed easier for me, I found corrosion were the  left front caliper mounts to the bike, both places which I cleaned up and put a light coating of grease on that area,I greased all the mounting areas. The rear pads had anti squeal pads and a thin stainless retainer on the back side of each pad. I used EBC pads FA254 on the rear and FA417/4HH on the front, $98.00 from my local MC parts store. When he was a kaw. dealer I purchased many bikes from him and now I buy all my stuff there. Support your local store! I think most people could do this job.