• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Brake light modulator?

Thud300

Recommendations on which one to install?

Leaning toward the Signal Dynamics wig-wag type, but it's spendy...  :(

Thud300 said:
Leaning toward the Signal Dynamics wig-wag type, but it's spendy...  :(
Maybe a little spendy, but I got one and have been happy with it for years.  I put two strips of LEDs on my JCWhitney trunk and the wig-wag flashes them when I hit the brakes.  Definitely seems to get attention.

I've had the $4.95 brake light strobe module from super bright led's on my C10 for a month or so. It does the job, easy to install.

Settled on one for 20 plus ship on eBay. It's programmable for flash rate, number of flashes, duration of flashes and repeat cycling so you can get the effect you want. Made in USA  :great:, it's about the size of a nickel so it takes very little space to install.

With the LED brake lamps and extra brake lamp I have installed in place of the reflector, it's a nice addition for conspicuity, especially since much of my riding is at night.

I have the 'Back-Off Wig-wag' on my ZRX 1200R (also a dual-bulb rear brake light) and I LOVE IT! It was under $40 but worth EVERY PENNY, and here's why I say that....

I went with the alternating flash connection option and as soon as my brake switch goes on (either front lever or rear pedal), the left and right alternate quickly 4 times, it goes solid for a 1/2 sec, then flashes both of them 3 times, and then stays solid until the brake is disengaged and resets the modulator.

I find this helpful since I usually have a decent gap between myself and the vehicle in front of me, so I lightly drag my brake to decelerate, but the flashing lights make sure the person behind me doesn't drift too close, EVEN if I tap the brake for just a sec.

My .02...

Thud, after seeing your other post, you gave me an idea.
I ordered a flasher that works only on LED lights. (Yours is LED or Incandescent)
The (cheapo) LED only flasher cost $2.50.  So I decided to order it and give it a try.
My intention is to install it on the LED lights that are on my Trunk Bag.
If it works: The stock brake light will work as normal, and the Trunk Lights will do the flashing...

Ride safe, Ted