• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Brake Pad Change..........sweeeeet♠

COGnosticator

I ordered a full set of EBC HH pads from Murphs on Tuesday and they should deliver today.  8)

I was looking at the manual this morning on how to change the pads.  Sweet, I don't even have to take the calipers off to change the pads.  I already have the old pads off the left side just to practice.

My only thought is, the new pads will be thicker than the ones I took off, so will I have to open up the pucks any or will they go in anyway.

I will find out tonight.  ;D

Yes and if remember correctly I was able to spread them with my fingers. Was the most easy pads I ever changed.
Just be sure to clean the calipers good with brake cleaner.

I didn't try to replace them that way. I did them when I was changing the tires. Will there be enough room to slide in pads with full pads on them? Doing them with the tires made it easy (obviously).
But to be honest. I really didn't like the EBC's as much as I thought I would. They were quite noisy and did leave a good amount of dust. Nothing too bad but more than OEM. And I really didn't see an improvement in braking.
So for me, I probably would have gone back to the OEM pads. Hopefully they work better for you. Like I said, They weren't bad. Actually they were good. But IMO, so were the OEM pads.

Cap'n Bob said:
So for me, I probably would have gone back to the OEM pads. Hopefully they work better for you. Like I said, They weren't bad. Actually they were good. But IMO, so were the OEM pads.

I have seen that posted before but I decided I would try them for myself.  I haven't had any problems with the OEM pads either, they bite great.