• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Brand new '09 in back of my truck!

basmntdweller

Big Wheel
Hi there friends,
I just joined up here after I bought a new 2009 Concours from Cycle World in Cherry Hill, NJ. I got home late last night from the long drive back to IN. Now I gotta figure out how to get it out of my truck without hurting me or my new toy.
I started looking at Concours a year or two back. I have been on a V-Strom 650 for the last three years and it has been an awesome bike but have been aching for a bit more when I crank the throttle. Not decided yet if the V will get sold or hang onto it as I still love riding it. I also do a little woods riding on an old DR-350. I haven't been in the woods though since last spring.
I also do a little RC flying, both planes and helicopters.

I am expecting to need a few upgrades along the way. Just the few minutes I rode it before loading in the back of my truck, I am expecting some seat work and a taller windshield.

I look forward to talking with the members here and maybe catch a group ride sometime.

Later, Matt

Welcome, and I would make sure to get some help unloading so that you don't put any marks on that new bike too quick!  Which color did you buy?  Either of the '09 colors look great in my eyes!  Come ride with us next month, not too far from you.  A good group of people the last 2 years!

http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,27574.0.html

I don't know your town but most towns if you look around will have a loading ramp you can back up to and roll the bike right off and another ramp to ride down. Check out and farm equipment yards like John Dear or any factory that uses fork lifts to load out door stuff.

Congrats on you purchase. Im selling my due to a back injury. The best bike I ever rode and I miss it. Too bad I dont have a neighbor like you! I do low end RC copter so I can Stay indoors. Do you have a helicopter web site?

http://slharvey.com/VariousAircraftEFLITES.html

Thanks for the welcome!

I got my son-in-law to help me back it down his ramps yesterday afternoon. I haven't had much time to ride yet but should be able to correct that later this week. My wife isn't real comfortable on this one though. We went for a short ride yesterday and she admitted she was scared most of the time. She said she felt like she was going to fall off at any time. I though she would be way more comfortable on this one than my V-Strom. I am not sure if it is the lack of a back rest like I have on the Strom or what the real problem is. I do feel like I need the bar risers. I am a little more loaded on my hands than I would prefer, especially when she leans forward on my back.
I am going to try like hell to obey the break-in rules in the manual but I am sure there will be small slips along the way. Just too hard to resist!

Steven, I hangout on Runryder from time to time, same screen name as here. I have never done my own website. I fly everything from the little Msr with my grandkids to 90 size helis. I have been flying the EFlite McpX daily and it really rocks for such a tiny little machine.

Matt

basmntdweller said:
My wife isn't real comfortable on this one though. We went for a short ride yesterday and she admitted she was scared most of the time. She said she felt like she was going to fall off at any time. I though she would be way more comfortable on this one than my V-Strom. I am not sure if it is the lack of a back rest like I have on the Strom or what the real problem is. I do feel like I need the bar risers. I am a little more loaded on my hands than I would prefer, especially when she leans forward on my back.

You may want to look into a trunk.  I have one on the back of my C10 and have the backrest pad as well.  My wife has no problems about any fear of falling off, but she doesn't like it when I hit redline.  I feel a definite squeeze from behind.

Congratulations on getting the bike. ^-^ Consider buying an aftermarket seat to stop your wife from leaning into you. The stock seat has a tendency to push you into the tank and the passenger into you. It's a personal preference thing but I sure like my Corbin. I installed the Motorcycle Larry risers and grip puppies, this helped with long distance comfort. 8)