• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Break light

membership

Well when pressing the rear break pedal, the break light doesn't light up so when I look at the switc, its not plugged into anywhere does anyone know where it plugs into, ive looked all over and even remove the fairing piece below the gas tank, the wire is pretty short so its gotta be close but I just cannot see where it plugs into if anyone has any suggestion or photo it would be great
Thanks
Charlie from layton utah

Well after you break the light and then you have to go and break the pedal, how do you expect them to work?

Cboothe,

With the fairing off (the one you removed) and your head down near the brake pedal look back and up towards the rear rack then a little to the right and you'll see where the two wire plug goes just inside the frame. There is also a wire retainer between the plug and the switch that the wire should be behind.
I'll see if I can get a pic up today.

Here ya go, click on pic (of my 2010) for full size.

Disregard the red wire in the pic, that is my Fuzeblock power line.

Wow I really appreciated that info you dont know how long ive looked for that plug
It seem if dealers are not familiar with this bike in this area maybe each dealer sells maybe 5 each year so they really dont service many