• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Brewery Tour VI Now with Photos

LSGiant

Hi All

Sixth Annual Brewery Tour
July 21th 2012

Hi folks.
The sixth annual brewery tour date is set. We are going to Castle Danger Brewery in Castle Danger, Minnesota.  The proposed schedule is as follows; July 21st we will meet at 10:00 am at the Perkins in Stillwater MN.  I plan to have kick stands up and be on the road by 10:15 AM. We will follow a scenic route north to the brewery with a lunch stop along the way. The tour starts at 3:00 PM at the brewery. After the tour you are free to sightsee around the area, find a place to stay for the night and start sampling your beer, or just head home.

Joane and I plan on staying overnight and heading back on Sunday. We will probably stay at the County Inn in Two Harbors. Some folks already have reservations at http://www.campsixtyone.com/. Make your lodging reservations early as this is a prime vacation area and time.

I would also like to know if you plan on coming so we don’t leave without someone. You may contact me at.

jkerkow@mchsi.com  phone 612 240 0030

Interesting web link

Castle Danger Brewery
3067 E Castle Danger Rd
Two Harbors, MN 55616
218-834-5800
www.castledangerbrewery.com

Jeff, This sounds like the ideal 2 -up weekend. Nice ride to a great location, drink some beer and spend the night. I am definitely a maybe to bring Eileen (back) to the North Shore.

Phew! That date just missed two family birthdays.....oughta work for me  :motonoises::) :beerchug:

This is moving right along. We are confirmed for our own private tour at 3:00 PM at Castle Danger Brewery on July 21 2012

I did check a few cabins but they all require a two night stay.

I am thinking of staying here.

http://www.countryinntwoharbors.com/

There are rooms available on our date it is not to expense for the North Shore.

We are in planning stage so input is accepted.

2Fast said:
Another place to consider http://www.campsixtyone.com/

Never been there, but it looks pretty good and reasonable too.  Are we thinkin one nite?
I emailed them to see if one night is acceptable.

Yes I think Saturday night only for us. Tom as far as Gooseberry Falls, you well need to get on line to registrer as soon as the system is back on line. We will be doing the hotel thing as Joane does not tent.

It's good to see the tradition continues. Delaine and I are up for a North Shore ride. We will stay in a motel. Delaine does not camp. The last time I talked her into camping was over 30 years ago. We were visited by the three bears, a sow and two cubs, at Bearhead State Park. These were real bears, just like in West Virgina  (not alleged bears). No I didn't hit any. We were car camping. Just remember, do not leave any food in your tent.

7/12/12 sounds good. Thanks for setting it up Jeff.

Cookie

BackInTheSaddle said:
Just to double check that this is for the 21st.  Cookie's note said the 12th - maybe he's dyslexic  :)

.gnorw si eikooC dna thgir era uoy kniht I

Oops, gnorw again. Maybe my efiw is right. I better cancel my reservation at Camp 16.

7/21/12 looks good fot me, oot.
Cookie

Camp 16.......now that right there is funny!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I just made a reservation at Camp Sixty One for the Twenty First.

I hope to join in on this but I have to wait to see the Met Council's schedule for the summer before I'll know if I can have the weekend off for sure.  My boss has a "cabin" another hour up the shore from Castle Danger that is between Lutsen & Grand Marais.  Christal and I are expecting a baby in late September so she's unlikely to ride 2-up in late July but if we spend the weekend at the cabin she might drive up separately.  If the cabin is available and I go I could probably provide space for a few other folks.  The cabin has 3 bdrms; queen bed master suite, queen bed guest room, bunkbed room with two twins and two fulls; and also has a pull out couch in the living room.  I'll look into things and keep ya'll posted if I have space to share.

Just a reminder to book your lodging. I was just in the area yesterday and was amazed on how many NO Vacancy signs were posted. Even if you are undecided on attending make your reservation with the ability to cancel. It was sure was gorgeous to see the lake.

Everything looks to be lining up for me to be able to do this ride and I'm penciled in for my bosses cabin.  So glad the work load for the summer is evenly distributed should free me up some for this and other weekend that I want to be off for doing other things.  If anyone is interested in staying at the cabin with me let me know as there are 6 beds in the three bedrooms.  It is an additional hour up the North Shore but has a beautiful patio with fireplace and a decent view of the lake with all the amenities of home like internet/DirecTV, full kitchen, three car garage, etc.  I'll just be spending the night there alone if nobody wants to share and then running back on Sunday so mabye I can catch up with others on the way back.
-thomas

I definitely have the weekend off and I also have a really nice 3 br/2 ba cabin to stay at another hour up the shore.  Anybody interested in riding a little bit further and having a free place to stay?  Only rule is we have to clean up after ourselves well since other guests will be using the cabin before the owners have a chance to get up there again.
P.S. I saw there was a big bicycle ride scheduled between Duluth and Split Rock on the same day.  If it is still on despite the road damage we'll have plenty of two wheeled (although unpowered) company on the way up.

Almost time for the Brewery Tour. The weather looks great. The high temp in Two harbors is only going to be a little over 80. I have emailed the the owners and they are looking foward to seeing us.

Have fun. Delaine and I will not be able to attend. I just finished another two day chemo session, so I don't plan on doing much riding this weekend. I'm not suppose to drink either, so that cuts down the fun of a brewery tour. One more two day session scheduled in four weeks, then a PET scan to see if I need more.

One our our kids moving Saturday, so Delaine's watching our grandson while I drive truck. I'll probably end up moving stuff, too. So much for taking it easy.

Have a few cold ones for me. I'm sure they will be good.

Bummer Jim, we gonna miss you! Don't work too hard on the moving stuff. You drive, kids haul :)

I'm freed up for tomorrow afternoon, so I am gonna burn it up there tomorrow with Bryan from SD, and meet yall up nort. I have a little Aerostich shopping to get done, and this is the purrfect opportunity. CU there! :beerchug:

Anybody planning on having breakfast at Perkins before the group takes off?  Just curious as I weigh my options between eating there and at home.

We will have breakfast at home but if some of you want to eat at Perkins go for it.
My only caution is that we will be heading out of the parking lot at 10:15.
I want to leave as much time for our lunch stop as I can as those of us not on the old Connie with the big fuel tank are going to have to get fuel at lunch time also.

See you all in the morning

After another trip with good friends, good roads, good weather, good beer and good food.  Looking forward to Brewery Tour VII in 2013.

Thanks for all the folks who came to this years Brewery Tour. I believe we had 17 riders and 13 bikes.The winners of the $25.00 gift cards were Allen M and Brian S. The photo below is just a taste of the scenery that we had on our ride. The link below will take you to more photos from the weekend.

2631351910100509669S600x600Q85.jpg

http://community.webshots.com/album/583157212kvKQyV

Looks like a great trip.  One of these times I might actually make it on one of them.  Keep me in the loop.  By coincidence I was at the Castle Danger Brewery just a couple of weeks prior.  I bought a growler, so it would have been convenient to get it refilled with another trip up there.  Oh well, too many committments during the short summertime here in MN.

Brian, great pics of the BT!!!  Really liked the one of  "The Three B's"  :13:
Trying to figure out though how you were able to not only take video shots while you and Bryan were off roading, but were able to do acrobatic stunts too yet!  Head stands and keeping it wheels to the ground!  I'm in awe  :allhail:

Thanks to everyone for making it another successful Brewery Tour!  The best part is seeing everyone having a good time.  Jeff and I are looking forward to next year already  :dance:

lsgiant2 said:
Trying to figure out though how you were able to not only take video shots while you and Bryan were off roading, but were able to do acrobatic stunts too yet!  Head stands and keeping it wheels to the ground!  I'm in awe  :allhail:
  :dance:

No biggie.....that's how I roll  :celebrate: :043: :celebrate:

Hey Brian, I saw that old Caterpillar pic, my brother has an old(late 40's(?)) OshKosh for sale, still runs good and has a big a$$ V plow on the front. It's a gasser. He lives outside of Cotton. Quicker n using a blower on the drive way. That season is coming up, ya knoooow, eh?

Might have to grab the Oshkosh for my daughter to drive. Her 97 Taurus just took a sh*t on the way here from Chicago. How's the mpg's on the Oshkosh??
Anybody got a thrifty car for sale ::)