• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Bridge Day, Fayetteville WV

gsjay

Bridge Day 2011
New River Gorge
Oct 14th & 15th, 2001
Fayetteville WV,
Lodging: Four Season Resort
Richwood, West Virginia
Rooms are $59.95 and up
1 800 829 4605
http://www.fourseasonslodgewv.com/

You can make this a 2 or 3 day weekend. Festivities at the Bridge finish up around 3 in the afternoon on Saturday the 15th so if you’re coming down on Saturday you’ll want to get moving pretty early so not to miss the festivities! I plan on going Friday.

I’ve stayed at the Four Seasons Lodge before and find it very nice with a picturesque setting down by the river. They even have grills outside that we could cook on if the weather is nice.

Any questions call or email me. gsjay@kaplitz.com 814 659 6865

Thanks,

Jason Kaplitz
COG 62

Hello.............................

You mean NO ONE is coming to Bridge Day with me??????

Come on you mid atlantic COGGERS lets get some rooms booked!

Jason
COG 62

Jay, Pepper Run same weekend. MD guys going I think. Don't know who else. I might do Pepper Run.

Any COGGERS coming down?

I have 8 from Johnstown making the trek south with plans to be at the 4 seasons lodge late in the day on Friday.

Weather looks great for Saturday & Sunday.

Come on down!
Jason

I just got back from a trip; but, next year I'd be up for getting a group from the Columbus area......... The "budget director" would get a little ornery if I tried to pitch it for this weekend!!  >:D

Bridge day was GREAT.
Weather turned out to be just about perfect.
We spent about 1/5 hours at the event and then went riding.
Also had a fantastic day on Sunday as the weather was again perfect.
I'm looking into making this an offical COG event next year. Does anyone have interest in coming?
Jason
COG #62

Bridge Day 2012 is Offically scheduled on the Northeast schedule of events.

I have 10 rooms blocked for the weekend.

Check out the Oct 2012 NE schedule of events for all the details.
Jason

gsjay said:
Bridge day was GREAT.
I'm looking into making this an offical COG event next year. Does anyone have interest in coming?
Jason
COG #62

Were you there when the fella hit the water with an unopened chute?? had to have been an 'Oh $hit" moment for him.  :'(

Yes, we wherer there but I wasn't watching at the time.............

I've heard that he's pretty banged up but will recover fully.

Book those Rooms.
Jason

Yeah, October is "right around the corner". Well, maybe not quite, but reservations should be going in NOW, for this area really gets busy then.

For those wanting to camp, Babcock SP is close by:

http://www.babcocksp.com/rates.html

Hawks Nest SP may be a little closer but has lodge rooms only, no camping.

Book those tent pads!  ;D

connieklr said:
gsjay said:
Bridge day was GREAT.
Jason
COG #62

Were you there when the fella hit the water with an unopened chute?? had to have been an 'Oh $hit" moment for him.  :'(

OMG my back, knees, ankle, elbow/arm all started achining just reading about the parachute accident.

BUMP for Bridge Day. It's only 15 weeks and a lot of hot weather away! Will be cool then and nice to be in the mountains.

:great:

Pat

I rode Fayette Station Road underneath the New River Gorge Bridge and ate at Dirty Ernie's Rib Pit as well as visited Hawks Nest State Park on my way to Eureka Springs for the No Bad Roads rally.  That area is certainly worth a return trip for Bridge Day.  I'll have to see if I can afford to skip working the NFL game that weekend so I can go.

Ok, I just called the 4 seasons lodge in Richwood, Wv. They still have rooms avaliable for this event.

You need to BOOK YOUR ROOM soon if you want to attend this event. Bridge Day]Bridge Day is the largest single day event in West Virginia and rooms will become scarce soon.

http://www.officialbridgeday.com/

So, book those rooms!
See you in October.
Jason
COG #62

Well, I missed out on the lottery and can't jump, so probably won't be going....................................      :-[

I had to cancel, too many rides in just 4 weeks, too much money. Something had to go. Maybe next year.....

Well, most of you missed a great weekend at Bridge Day!
Only coggers in attendance where JR Healy, his wife Chris and myself.

But there where almost 30 riders at the Motel, all from the Johnstown area.

Weather was great, festivities at the bridge where a lot of fun. Watching the jumpers is always thrilling. Most noteable was the wheel chair jumper and the catapult throwing folks over the edge!

Will repeat this event again next year.
Jason