• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

BT023s

Sport rider

Iron Butt
Just wanted to report in on my experience lately with the BT023s that I installed earlier this year.  I've now got just over 2000 miles on them and they are showing a significant flat spot in the middle of both front and rear tires.  I've been running 40 pounds front and rear doing primarily highway and 2-lane commuting on them.

In doing a bit of research, I found that there is a GT specific version of these tires made for heavier sport tourers.  While I have found the performance of these tires to be just fine, the limited mileage makes them worthless for my C10 needs.  Be sure to look for the GT model if/when you buy these tires.

160/70-17.  Made the switch to the meanstreak rear about a year ago. 

first set I ran on were Shinko 011 Verge with a 120/70-18 on the front.  Got about 10k out of them, but the tires were particularly bad on the sidewalls on those.