• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Burr Rider 2013

Andy-WV said:
According to an article in the latest newsletter the dates are Nov. 8-10

IIRC these dates came from Russell, but nothing official has been entered on the calendar.  I would treat these as tentative until it is listed on the calendar.

Always Veteran's Day Weekend, Nov 8th - 11th this year.

The KOA has new ownership Ken & Carrie Conger, new reservation number is 800-562-8514.  I found this our while setting up a weekend for another M/C group.  The previous owners wanted to be closer to their boys in Nashville, they will be truly missed as they treated us like Kings & Queens and ran a first class operation.

Not sure if Pat or Russell is going to host the event this year.

;D

how about the September Ride to Canaan this year? Anyone working on that or hear anything about that?

kwn306 said:
Always Veteran's Day Weekend, Nov 8th - 11th this year.

The KOA has new ownership Ken & Carrie Conger, new reservation number is 800-562-8514.  I found this our while setting up a weekend for another M/C group.  The previous owners wanted to be closer to their boys in Nashville, they will be truly missed as they treated us like Kings & Queens and ran a first class operation.

Not sure if Pat or Russell is going to host the event this year.

Dates are confirmed by Russell as well.  I'm working with him and Pat to get this posted to the calendar.

Tim And Trish said:
;D

how about the September Ride to Canaan this year? Anyone working on that or hear anything about that?

Joe C wrote in the newsletter that he is working on this. Once details are in we'll get it on the calendar.

Burr Ride . . . is this when you sit with a burr on your saddle during the ride?

Definition of BURR
[pre][list type=decimal]
[*]usually bur

•        
  • a rough or prickly envelope of a fruit

• a plant that bears burs
[*] 

•        
  • something that sticks or clings <a burr in the throat>

• hanger-on
[*]an irregular rounded mass; especially : a tree burl
[*]a thin ridge or area of roughness produced in cutting or shaping metal
[*] 

•        
  • a trilled uvular \r\ as used by some speakers of English especially in northern England and in Scotland
  • a tongue-point trill that is the usual Scottish \r\
[*] 
  • a small rotary cutting tool
  • usually bur : a bit used on a dental drill
[*]a rough humming sound : whir
[/list]

Oh you mean the Brrr Ride.  Well that makes more sense. 

images