• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

C10 bags for sale near San Jose, CA

A fair number of people go the color-matched paint route with the bags, but you have to do it yourself.  Mama Kaw provides C10 bags only in black.  Whoever painted those bags did a really nice job!

It's not something you have to go to a shop for.  A lot of folks paint their own, and there are several threads around here devoted to painting the bags.  Here's one with practical advice on prepping the material for the paint - which really is the key to a job that looks great.

http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,22834.msg82913.html#msg82913

WillyP said:
lol, I think that's a great price considering what they cost new.

I agree.  And for someone looking to paint a set of bags to match, the hard prep work has already been done on the red bags.  THey would only need a scuff sanding to be prepped to change to whatever color one wanted.  Just another thought... man, where are these things coming from.  I'm not used to this.  :eek:

Rev Ryder said:
man, where are these things coming from.  I'm not used to this.  :eek:

Changed coffee brands?  Seriously, this seems like a really good deal, even if the seller is willing to ship them.

As far as I know the only difference is the finish and the key. Any year bag will fit any year bike.

The '86 had a smooth finish and a different key. After '86, they went to a textured finish and you got either an 'a' or a 'b' key.

So these may have be '86 bags or someone could have filled and/or sanded of the texture and painted them.