• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

C10 bar risers and throttle cable

Brian_WA

Big Wheel
I am surely not the first person to have this issue. I have a 2001 with bar risers installed by the previous owner; they are about 1 or 1.5 inches. The throttle cable screws into the control assembly with plastic threads, which broke off soon after I bought the bike. I bought a new cable and that plastic seems to be really stressed and I can see it breaking again soon. Does anyone make an extended cable or am I doing something wrong? I already have too much slop in the throttle in an attempt to relive some of the stress on those plastic threads (by not having as much thread exposed). Thanks in advance- Brian