• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

C10 Carb Body Model Question US - CA - CN

Stasch

A carb question: There are different part numbers for carb bodies depending if US, CA or CN.

I know there is different jetting and sometimes a different carb cap between the different designations, but is there anything different in the actual carb bodies?

In other words can you interchange a stripped carb body between any of these 3 versions?

15002-1346 CARBURETOR,LH,OUTSIDE | [CN]
15002-1347 CARBURETOR,LH,INSIDE | [CN]
15002-1348 CARBURETOR,RH,INSIDE | [CN]
15002-1349 CARBURETOR,RH,OUTSIDE | [CN]

15002-1362 CARBURETOR,LH,OUTSIDE | [US]
15002-1363 CARBURETOR,LH,INSIDE | [US]
15002-1364 CARBURETOR,RH,INSIDE | [US]
15002-1365 CARBURETOR,RH,OUTSIDE | [US]

15002-1366 CARBURETOR,LH,OUTSIDE | [CA]
15002-1367 CARBURETOR,LH,INSIDE | [CA]
15002-1368 CARBURETOR,RH,INSIDE | [CA]
15002-1369 CARBURETOR,RH,OUTSIDE | [CA]

The caps for 49 state / cali / canada are all the same. The canadian carbs, other than the very early 86-87 carbs are the same as the us 49 state carbs. The cali carbs are different because the jetting is different, and the size of the pressed in air correction jets are correspondingly different.

Steve

Steve, Would you happen to know how to tell the difference in the air correction jets (sizes?) to tell them apart?

the easiest thing to do, if you're replacing a carb body, is to use pin drills to determine the size in the bodies you're replacing, and then make sure the donor body is the same as what you have.

(y) Thanks Steve!

Now I have to find that set of jet drills to use as guages . . . . .

Anyone doing carb work needs them anyway. I get mine at Ace Hardware, you can get drills 61 to 80 for about 15.00 . Well... pre inflation anyways, now maybe 427.63.

Steve

Mike em'..... verify the drill dimensions, tolerances ain't what they use to be...

Murph