• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

C10 Rifle, Clearview, & Madstad Windshields

bzim7506532

Any thoughts or experiences on the above three windshield brands? Would love to hear your experiences on performance, installation and cost.

I like my Rifle but their customer service is real slow I had a 17 inch that worked well but went to a custom 13 inch to get some air flow on me . I believe Madstad stopped offering shields for the c10 ( they make the bike look real strange anyway in my opinion) Not sure about clearviews .

Any thoughts or experiences on the above three windshield brands? Would love to hear your experiences on performance, installation and cost.
Madstad if you can find one. Fully adjustable for height and angle. I have my neighbor's 05 in my garage with a rifle that I sold him. I have a madstad on my 01. Both provide smooth air. The big difference besides adjustability, is the madstad isn't in your face like the rifle. It opens up the cockpit quite a lot. Without a wind deflector, the rifle is a no go for me. As for looks, I like it and have had positive comments from folks about it. I think it gives it a more modern look.

Madstad if you can find one. Fully adjustable for height and angle. I have my neighbor's 05 in my garage with a rifle that I sold him. I have a madstad on my 01. Both provide smooth air. The big difference besides adjustability, is the madstad isn't in your face like the rifle. It opens up the cockpit quite a lot. Without a wind deflector, the rifle is a no go for me. As for looks, I like it and have had positive comments from folks about it. I think it gives it a more modern look.

This. I get MAD buffetting from my Rife windshield. And its annoying, because a half inch tuck, and I'm below the turbulence line, but that also leaves me leaned ever so slightly over with pressure on my wrists. At a neutral seating position, the wind catches me right at the level of my eyebrows...

-Z

Reactions: Bud
I've had all three as well as Cee Bailey. Currently running a Madstad on the 2000 and a Clearview on the 2003

The huge advantage of the Madstad is adjustability to suit the rider and ongoing riding conditions. If I'm on backroads on a hot day, I can adjust it down for more airflow, then raise it up for freeway blasts. If cold and / or rainy I can raise it up. At night I can adjust to just see over it to avoid glare, while still kicking the bugs over the top of my head.

The others can offer some smooth coverage, but it can be painstaking to get the right one at the right height for your mix of seat, height, preference etc., but no adjustability for weather conditions.

The Cee Bailey was quite smooth, but it got pretty hot during the summer, even with their vent. To me it cramped the cockpit and was in the way a lot.

Madstad
2015-09-14_16-13-00_921.jpg

Clearview
2.JPG

Cee Bailey's
photo3.JPG

Last edited:
I must one of the rare onesšŸ¤”šŸ˜‚
Never had the issues that are mentioned with the stock shield. Iā€™m 6ā€™4ā€ and havenā€™t experienced buffeting or issues with the height.

I also have the Madstad and love it. I have rode many miles with it and the adjustability is great. I am just under 5-8 and got the 16" shield. I ride using an open faced helmet with a pull down shield as well, but almost never use the helmet shield and I have no issues with buffeting.
The only thing I would do next time would be to get a larger shield because it could always be lowered more.
I am always able to look over the shield which is excellent.

Reactions: Bud
I ride with the Clearview. I have the shortest, 20 in. I'm 5'8" and if I sit stright up I am looking over the top.
I bought this for the vent. Open vent make riding in hot weather almost doable, LOL.

The screen is wide so riding in cold weather is also doable, LOL