• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

C14 handle bar riser snapped off in my hands

bigblake

Big Wheel
I was replacing my rear tire last week and had my Connie in a locking wheel chock to help hold it up while working on it. When I was done I went to back her out of the wheel chock and she wouldn't budge. I tried again and snapped the left riser off right in my hand. Has anyone seen this before?
I ordered a new riser from the local Kawasaki shop that same day and had it in 3 days. I installed the new riser and upon inspection of the broken riser I noticed it cracked right at the corner where they machine the riser after it has been cast.
I called Kawasaki today and informed them of my problem as it is a huge safety concern and their reply was to send them pictures. I sent them 4 pictures and they say they cannot tell anything from the pictures and that I would need to take it and the bike to a dealer for inspection. I work 15 minutes from their headquarters and was simply trying to bring this concern to their attention.
any thoughts??

Take it to 'em Blake. Good Karma and you may get a warranty replacement. The life you save may be mine and I thank ya!  :beerchug:

Well first off, welcome to the forum, Blake! 

This is the third time I've seen someone write of this problem in here.  It sure does seem like a safety issue to me and I'm really glad you weren't hurt.  I'd recommend taking it to the Kawi shop just like the HQ asked.  Speaking as a professional computer geek, I have to admit that if I hear of a problem from a fellow geek, I take it much more seriously than if I hear it from a regular user.  Let the mechanic bring it to the attention of HQ.

Glad you didn't get hurt!