• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Calendar event registration

OMoaC

Hey Ya SW. We are really focusing right now on getting events posted to the SW COG calendar (and thank you so much members and AAD's). I realize that about 20% of members are on the forum and I will try to spread the word in our next newsletter. Please utilize the online registration as it really helps planning for your event host's. Your AAD's and your humble AD just had a training class on calendar posts so we hope to really utilize this resource. It really does help planning. For day rides and Dine and Dashes it helps to plan meal counts. You have the ability to register for a day event and leave a note "Gonna Try" and it helps. There are no fee's/commitments involved unless it is a paid event. If you register for an event and can't make it just shoot a message to the event leader to let them know. Again, really helps co-ordination and helps the event leader to decide if they should be waiting for so and so or can take off. Thanks again SWCOG for your help! You folks are the best!
Mark Hartman
COG/SWAD

Mark, some events won't need an advanced attendance count (like this morning's Koffe with Kawasaki).  Those activities can move forward with a "the more the merrier" philosophy because formal reservations and such aren't needed. 

With that in mind, is there a way to set the COG calendar, for those types of events, to accept registrations for those that were able to attend last minute and the late registrations (even after the event has completed)?

Thanks Mark,

For the rides I plan to host later this summer, I'll make sure to post AND use the calendar too.

Cheers!

some events won't need an advanced attendance count (like this morning's Koffe with Kawasaki).  Those activities can move forward with a "the more the merrier" philosophy because formal reservations and such aren't needed. 

This is true. For informal events registration is not req'd and for some events not really needed. Some members don't peruse the forum at all but do check the calendar regularly and rely on news letters, word of mouth and the Conc. So if we can post on the calendar we hope to get the word out to more folks about events.

With that in mind, is there a way to set the COG calendar, for those types of events, to accept registrations for those that were able to attend last minute and the late registrations (even after the event has completed)?

Usually registration closes at the event start date/time but as you stated above you can still attend. Where it really helps is on rides and paid events. If you reg and are running a bit late, the ride leader can decide to wait a bit if they know your coming or try to contact you. Another benefit of registration is that if God forbide something happens we have access to your emergency information (Reminder SWCOG, make sure your contact info as well as your emergency contact info and any other pertinent info is updated in your profile) and will know who to contact. It's happened.

For the rides I plan to host later this summer, I'll make sure to post AND use the calendar too.

Thanks WineGuy! Please let either myself or your AAD know as they are the only ones that have access to calendar postings and would be very happy to get them in the calendar. And to all of you members that are hosting and posting again thank you very much.