• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Came home from a trip and found her on her side...

Glen87

Training Wheels
So I just went on a trip to my girlfriends grandmothers funeral 2 states over this weekend and come home to my Connie laying on her right side :'(

Not sure if it was the mailman, the landlord, or the wind, but any which way it was not a happy sight as I pulled in the drive tonight at midnight  :38:

Only good part is, is that it fell into some soft mud, so I don't think anything is broken but we will find out when I get some help over to stand her right side up.

No that was not a happy sight; sorry you had to see it.  On the other hand, you're in better shape than the guy who had his kickstand pad stolen from a parking lot.  Glad to hear she came down soft though.  One good thing is that you probably can pick her up off the ground:

How to Pick up Your Motorcycle... like a girl [LJ's Archives]

And your incident does qualify you for the CDA Award except for one thing.

You need to be a full COG member.  Don't worry, we don't make you drop her again after you've joined in order to qualify!  Most folks join if they hang around a while and like what we do here, so just drop me a line after that happens and we'll add you to the roster. 

Now in your case, I see a "Pending" tag next to your membership status.  I've never seen that before, but I suspect it means that your Membership is in process.  As I said, just holler when it eventually happens.

Just to avoid confusion, here are the instructions: How to Convert from Forum Subscriber to Full COG Membership

And here's where to Renew

Thank you for the sympathy and I tried to pick it up solo last night. Didn't have any luck and strained my back a bit. That mud was good for the falling aspect but will make the pick up a bit tricky  :truce:
Time to call in the troops  :nananana:

I think she was just upset you left her... sort of like when our dog takes all the trash from the bathrooms when she's left alone.
Hopefully you're right and no damage.
BTW... if you strained your back, you probably didn't use the technique correctly. I have a weak back, and I was able to pick her up with no real stress on my back... almost all the force shoudl be on your legs, with only steadying from your hands.
Hope no damage...

Jorge

Ya I don't think I used the right technique either  :( However, I feel like I'd be able to get it back up if it was on pavement, but the mud caused my feet to slip out from under me.

Well she's back upright. All it took was the help of one of my friends  :) The RH footpeg bracket and a chip out of the fairing is all that got damaged. It could've been much worse and I am thankful that it wasn't any worse than it is.

I know the feeling; it sucks to have to leave Connie unprotected.  Glad she's upright again!