• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

camping at the national

has anyone camped at the campground before, is it a nice campground, walking distance to the resort, and is there any body taking care of the camping details like there was at the w.v. rally. any details would be great. thanks joe

Joe, I know nothing about the camping or the site. I do know they only have 10 spots with full hook ups and I reserved one a couple of months ago. Kurt & Sue Nordstrom Spotsylvania, VA COG 6049 & 6049A VA & WV Assistant Area Directors

Hi Joe, My husband and I were just there (we stayed in a lodge room). Our son and his wife and kids camped at one of the RV sites. It's a nice campground. The facilities were clean and it's a nice level campground located just below the dam. It's not very big, but it's nice. There are some trees but IIRC there are not trees for every site. It is not an easy walk up to the resort. There may be a trail (I didn't check for one); but if there is not a trail you would have to hoof it up the low gravel shoulder of 28. Not something I would like to do. ;) Hope this helps.

hey thanks for the reply, i am going to have to call down and reserve a site and ask for one with trees ;p besides i know kurt and sue have a well stocked bar in the toy hauler :)

Yup! Bar opens @ noon, dancing girls @ 4 ;) Kurt & Sue Nordstrom Spotsylvania, VA COG 6049 & 6049A VA & WV Assistant Area Directors

Joe: The campground is about a mile downhill from the main grounds, so I'd suggest taking some type of vehicle for the trip. They just recently paved the road so it is quite smooth, but it is also very curvy. We will have someone in the campground like at CV. They do have showers and tent campers will most likely have to share a site like at CV. If you have any other questions, please let me know. Thanks John

CV? Want does that mean I plan on camping. I guess I better reserve soon. Virginia Beach, VA COG 6517 03 Concours (9/11/04) 01 Concours (8/16/08) USN Retired

CV? Want does that mean
CV = Canaan Valley (location of the 2007 national) -- Steve Smith, #3184 COG Northeast Area Director (somewhere in south central CT)
larryline.gif
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

john, hey called and made our resv. is anyone going to handle getting us firewood, were looking foward to the adventure :) oh i forgot to add, what a deal 22.00 a night

Firewood?? I don't think you will be needing it, but if you do, you are surrounded by forest. I'm sure they will have some firewood available, most likely for sale. hth John tcars, John, Rallymaster 2009

I plan to camp as well, by the RV bar that is. Is that 22 per person or camp site? Is the camping spaces really that limited. should I reserve now? Virginia Beach, VA COG 6517 03 Concours (9/11/04) 01 Concours (8/16/08) USN Retired

I would suggest that you reserve ASAP. There are only 10 RV spots and an unknown number of tent spaces. Right now we have the entire place on hold for us and we can do like they did at Canaan Valley, have several tents to one site. hth John tcars, John, Rallymaster 2009

firewood ? john, you southerns must not camp out as much as us ( just kidding ) no really all of our campouts are always centered around a evening fire to swap tales and enjoy tasty beverages ;p thanks for your reply