• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Can anyone help identify this?

lloydcliff3210

Don't you hate it when you remove 347 fasteners but can only find a home 346 when you put it all back together? Does anyone recognize this by any chance? Its like a washer with a built in bushing. Total diameter is slightly less than a dime and hieght is about 1/4 inch. Similar diameter and bore to the 5mm socket head screw that is used everywhere.

To narrow it down, I removed all fairings (lower ,center, upper), changed all fluids and filters, and replaced rear master cylinder. I'm assuming it's one of the fairing fasteners but just can't figure out from where. Thanks in advance!!

img.jpg

IMG_0432.jpgIMG_0433.jpgIMG_0435.jpg

Up underneath front nose. I believe there's 2 of them, by the mount for the wimpy stock horn.

The stock horn is singular. I installed a set of duals using the stock bracket 'Y' bracket. The arms of the Y attacj at that spacer/bushing...

Attachments

• 167131530679379545263183329185.jpg
    167131530679379545263183329185.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 65
Up underneath front nose. I believe there's 2 of them, by the mount for the wimpy stock horn.

The stock horn is singular. I installed a set of duals using the stock bracket 'Y' bracket. The arms of the Y attacj at that spacer/bushing...
Mine are both in place but I appreciate the suggestion.

Those go to the painted cover for the battery compartment on the right side. The metal grommet fits in in the cover, then the domed cap bolt.

Those go to the painted cover for the battery compartment on the right side. The metal grommet fits in in the cover, then the domed cap bolt.
Thanks G-Mazz, I removed the 5mm shoulder bolt I had in there and replaced it with the collar and shorter regular cap bolt from my photos. It certainly fits there and the socket size matches the screws for the metal battery cover underneath. My problem now is that I have a spare shoulder bolt the same type used on the left side of the fairing. I've searched high and low but just can't see an empty hole! Got me stumped.

If I remember correctly there is a shoulder spacer like that on the radiator attachment points. It is pressed through a rubber grommet presumably to prevent over squishing the rubber grommet.