• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

CAN meet and greet

snarf

Anyone attending the meet and greet in Grinnell Ia this weekend? Sounds like typical crapy Iowa weather :(

I plan to attend. 

I believe this is the fourth annual Iowa Meet-And-Greet and participation has not grown as I had hoped.  Maybe I'm choosing poor locations and events, or maybe people are just too busy, or maybe we're just antisocial.  Competing events in KC and WI may draw some Iowans this year but I doubt it's many.  Feedback would be appreciated! 

Weather.com says 82F, partly cloudy, 11 mph winds and 20% chance of rain.  That's subject to change of course, but is about as good a forecast as can be hoped. 

Jerry Roland
Iowa AAD

Had something else scheduled for that day that has now changed. I think I am able to come if its not pouring (seems to be dialing back on percentages)

well sweet.  The last few years have been a little slow.  This year could be the big one. Sounds as though we could have upwards of SIX people this year  :-\ :)

You may be surprised to learn that Iowa has 27 paid COG members (as of late last year) plus an unknown number of cog-online users.  Yet very few participate in club events.  There are lots of opportunities, admittedly most in adjoining states, but I count only six that I ever met.  I know a few more electronically, and that's OK but it's not the same. 

While I appreciate people supporting the club with their memberships, I don't understand why more don't take advantage of all that is offered.

See you in Grinnell.
Jerry Roland

I'm kind of new here,,  where do I find more details about the get together?  time and place?

Thanks; Jeff

its today at Grinnell - if you go to top of page under GOG tab should see a drop down says event calendar go to May 18 and you will see the event click on that for the details - hope you get this in time.

jdan - Sorry we didn't see you today.  We had great weather, a record turnout, and two special events hosted by a local. 

One of the advantages of COG membership is you get the The CAN (Central Area Newsletter) dropped in your mailbox or inbox several times a year.  The information is "pushed" so you don't have to remember to pull it from the web. 

Thanks to all who participated.  I think the annual All-Iowa-Meet-And-Greet has found a new home!

Jerry Roland

Thanks Cobber,,,,    I'll try to keep an eye on upcoming events any perhaps I can make to the next get together.. 

Jeff

Jerry as always it was nice to see you again.  Shame you left early we had a good ride out to the lake. :motonoises: