• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Can someone tell me if this is a good deal?

The bike looks very clean, very low miles, still on it's first set of tires, pretty damn close to new.  Red is almost as fast as blue and faster than any of the other Connie colors. :motonoises:  Taller wind screen, gel seat and Throttlemeister are worth a few bucks new. The dent sucks but a tank bag or some kinda bra or an OWS sticker  :eek: would cover that up if you felt the need. Don't know who's bike this is but might be someone on this forum.  Price is relative to whatever else you could get for the same price and whether or not it trips your trigger.  Not gonna judge on price since I ain't makin' the call.  Good luck.  :great:

Thanks.  I know they've made some improvements to the 2010 models and I'm wondering if I should wait until I can afford that year?  This 2009 is sure a beautiful unit though...

I just had to make the same decision. I found an 09 blk with risers, kawi truck, Throttlemeister and a GTPP  until 2015 for $8.2k with 7k miles. I bought it in NC...flew up one weekend and rode it home to FL. Very nice bike. I was reading about the smaller windscreen and heat from the engine...I had no problems with either..and I am 6'2"..but I also was riding a TLR1000 everyday until now.
I decided to save some $$ and get the 09...ride it for a couple of years and if I like it...pick up a barely used '12. Just my .02. Hope it helps.

The dent is unfortunate, but one of those paintless dent remover folks might possibly be able to pop that out.  Non-ABS does take a hit on resale though.  one of the dealers here had a brand new '09 red non-ABS for the longest time, and just sold it late last year.  I was very tempted by the $9800 OTD offer but am very glad now I did not bite.

FWIW, I bought my '09 Red ABS with 2300mi for roughly 1/2 original MSRP from my local dealer.  The thought of waiting till I can afford the '10 or later model did cross my mind as well.  I test drove an '11 and the only thing I really wish I have is the Traction Control, but to me, it wasn't worth the extra clams.  I actually do not like the taller screen and the "glovebox" moved to the side.  I must admit Kawasaki did a great job with the restyled fairings, but they offered no Red color in '10 and '11.  '12 does have a much darker red, almost maroon, color.

I am sure I will eventually upgrade, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying a nice '09 until then. :)  The previous owner has already taken the hit for most of the initial depreciation, from this point on, the resale value won't go down quite as fast.  As long as you get the exptended warranty and sell it before it expires, you can ride worry free for another few years and only take at most a $1k/yr hit on resale value.

IMO for that low of miles yes I think it's a fair deal, if you can get it for $8k even better. It doesn't have ABS, which some will argue is needed, but the low miles is great IMO.

Good luck and happy hunting LTZ!

I would agree with that to a certain extent, especially on sport bikes and lighter rigs.  For a 700 lbs sport tourer, though, I personally would consider it a must.

On my way to take delivery of the C14, I figured it was my last ride on my '09 Sprint ST 1050, so I went a bit more "spirited" than usual.  Well, one traffic light changed more suddenly than I anticipated and I had to grab a handful of front brake.  The front wheel skidded the very last few feet and that was a real wake up call.  :-\  After that, I did the Tom Cruise thing with Porsche 928 in "Risky Business" and rode like a lil' school boy... all the way to the dealership.

I bought my 08 with abs and 15,000 miles for $7500 at a dealer. I will say the ABS is great. Personally I would look for an ABS mode. But the one you are looking at has virtually no miles. If the paint is good on the tank is good there is a great possibility the dent can be removed and look great.

Well unfortunately I talked to the bank (better half) and looks like I'll have to wait a little longer, but I think I'll look around (maybe a a year) for an ABS model when they start coming down.  Even a 2010 one.  I still do love my little C10 and I fixed a squeak in the fairing last night (the stay was a little loose) so I'm happy.  Thanks for everyone's input on this.  I fill like I'm a little smarter now for when I do actually pull the trigger!  :beerchug:

Nothing wrong with waiting for the right ride for the right price.  Patient, persistance - and a bit of luck - will go a long way toward netting you that killer deal.

Besides, hunting can be a lot of fun - and it's absolutely free!  If you are like a lot of us, once you buy the bike, farkling will nickle & dime you to no end.