• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

**Canceled**February 2013 Newburgh, NY Meet & Greet

Cap'n Bob

Well this coming Saturday (February 9, 2013) will be our next Newburgh, NY Meet & Greet at the Neptune Diner. This has been proven to be good for folks both in terms of location and food.  As always it technically starts at 11AM. Although myself and usually others tend to be early.
  So jump in the cage or if your up to it, on the bike and come on up/down or over and say hey to some of the other COGgers. I will say up front that there is zero chance of me getting a bike out to ride. So I'll be in the cage for sure. So don't feel funny about coming how ever you can get there. Nobody will give anyone a hard time. It's all about getting together with folks and have some good food. Hope to see y'all there.

Here's the Cog=online link to the event if you want to read more and/or sign up (So I might have an idea who's coming.)

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=176643&mo=2&tDate=%7Bd%20%272013%2D02%2D03%27%7D

I would love to get out and meet some fellow riders in the area but unfortunately my wife is volunteering at church that day and I'm watching the kids.

Someone told me that the weather is going to be awful, something about a Nor'easter.  I guess that means I'll be there in a cage and leaving the bike home.

Sorry to say this. But I'm going to go ahead and cancel the Newburgh Meet & greet this month. The impending Nor' Easter probably will make it difficult for folks. The storm is suppose to start Friday morning and last into Saturday morning. So although I'm sure some folks would still probably show up. I feel it may be safer to not have folks traveling unnecessarily.
  Then there is always the possibility with a large storm like this, there's a good chance that I might wind up at work. So I am going to pull the plug for this month. But we do still have COG track day (Go Carts and lunch) next week. Folks can just show up and go for a burger at the Blazer pub. 

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=180473&mo=2&tDate=%7Bd%20%272013%2D02%2D07%27%7D

Probably a good idea...  even if the storm is a fraction of what they are predicting, it will make for more risky travel.  We're suppose to have our state MSF instructor update all day SAT, and the word is that unless the state shuts down the training will not be canceled.  :-[

What? You guys aren't putting skis on your bikes and nails in your tires and riding anyway? OMG really?  :nananana:  :rotflmao: :beerchug: :motonoises:

All we have here is wind gusts going about 40 mph... cold as the ****ens of course.

Outback Jon said:
JR said:
. cold as the ****ens of course.
Well, it's 39F at Westminster Abbey right now.

(Where Charles ****ens is buried)  :rotflmao:

We don't have any snow, but morning temps around 20F and nighttime temps much colder, depending on how much wind there is.

If the sun comes out, it gets just above freezing.

Western Maryland is a strange place weather-wise, probably because it is so close to West Virginia, which is just strange.

We were out for a ride on Sunday. Only a couple of inches of snow down here.
DSC_0754_zps1cd92440.jpg