• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Caterpillar

majorpaynepoo

Big Wheel
I know it's on here but I searched for an hour. So here goes. Can anyone remember the caterpillar part # for the o-ring for the throttle. Mine was accidently rolled off my bars at highway speed. Thanks mike WV

When I got mine a couple of years ago, the guy at the counter asked me if it was for my bike. They are used to bikers buying them for cruise controls. If you have a local cat dealer, you might just ask them. I bought 3 when I got mine and still have 2. I put one on each bar plus one in the bag. "If it hasn't killed me yet, it's runnin out of time" COG # 8062 AMA # 1084053 ROMA or Scarlet harlot acording to my wife

8M4991 rolled off at speed? Carry a spare on the left, and it will look like they belong there, and are part of the color scheme.

Thanks I stopped at the local dealer and he looked at me like (huh) I was crazy. Yup rolled it off at speed. I was a couple miles within going into a small town on a two lane and rolled it a little too far and (gone) it went right off the end, my bad. :eek:

If you send me your address. I will send you a very special red o-ring for free. I bought them from McMaster Carr and they came in a pack of ten. Better yet if you are at the National look me up at the campground in the Winnebago next to the group site.

Ok, found them. Thanks to everyone, seriously. I can't believe so many people are out there ready to help each other. Got my Morgan carbtune today too. :) My wife rides with me religiously, life is gooood. Mike from W.V.