• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

CCS Cruise Control Vacuum Canister Ports

cpc122

Hey everyone.  I have a 2008 C14 and decided to install the famous CCS100.  So far so good.  I ordered from Murph's and received as expected.  I studied many of the articles posted as well as the articles on Murph's website and have pretty much figured it all out. 

Servo is programmed, mounted and connected to throttle,
keypad has been silicon sealed and is ready to be wired in,
brake wire connection with relay is done and tucked away,
blue coil wire is connected to the white wire with a red stripe just before it enters the main harness,
vacuum hoses are connected to #1 and #4 throttle bodies,
the rest of the wiring will be completed tomorrow with an expected test in the afternoon.

I ordered the vacuum canister from Murph's and cannot figure out which port is which.  When looking at various articles, there is mention of connecting the port marked MAN to engine vacuum.  I see no such marking on the canister I received? There are two ports and one is larger than the other.  Does anyone know which one (large or small) gets connected to the engine vacuum?

One other thing that may be of interest.  I decided to put the canister within the extra space inside the battery compartment. It will be tucked away forever and not add under dash clutter.  Hopefully your help will be on the way!

Murph changed the vac tank to the ball shape you have from a cylindrical one - this latter one had MAN on it.  I fitted a ball one a couple of months ago (to a Honda) but don't remember which goes to the Throttle Body (engine) vacuum port - but if you connect a piece of tubing to one port, then the other you will find that you can suck air from one and not the other (yes I had to add a short bit of larger hose then push the supplied smaller hose into it).  The one you can suck air from is the one that goes to the TB port for vacuum supply.

Let's know which one.  :beerchug:

Do you recall what dip switch settings you used? I installed a CCS100 on my 2008 about ten years ago and it would surge then droop when first set. It worked fine once it settled down, so I left it as is.

Now in the last year or so it has degraded, where it will drift up and down a bit on level ground. I suspect a vacuum leak has developed. Going to take off the plastic and have a look soon.

A leaking vacuum check valve in the tank can cause the erratic operation you describe as 'degraded.'  I have fitted an external vacuum check valve to a couple when the internal one's leaking.  I know some GM cars have a small plastic vac check valve in the vac supply line to the vac tank that operates the air cond vent control. 

I presume you have the tiny 'jumper' connector removed from below the red LED.

I set the switches to the following, with speed sensing taken from a coil wire:

1  off
2  off
3  off
4  off
5  off
6  off
7  on

The above works very close to perfect for me.

Thanks for those numbers. It's been so long I don't recall if I removed the jumper. Very likely did. I too am sensing speed from an ignition coil.