• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

CDA003 strikes again

boomer

Got my CDA003 in 1997 on black ice.
Next time was bouncing off the side of a minivan in 2007 after she did a stupid.

So, this time around I locked the front trying (successfully) to avoid being involved in a car-car crash.
Went down hard on the left side on "Otto", my C10.
Cowl and left side outer and inner are trashed as is the fairing frame.
Footpeg bracket and centrestand tang too.
Will need a new mirror bracket (the glass survived) and left turn signal.
Rifle base will need welding and another new screen making up (just replaced it last week damnit!).
Should be repairable.

Me, I have a huge bruise on my left hip, my chest aches, a graze on my knee and my thumbs ache.
Nothing  that Paracetamol and Ibuprofen can't handle though.
With OEM brakes I probably would have hit the car.
With my Nissin 4 pots I didn't but hit the road instead.
If I'd been on the C14 the ABS would probably have saved me from either.

Pics to follow.

Stay safe out there.

Sorry to hear this. Glad to hear that you came out of it with limb and life intact.

Can you have the car-to-car accident guys' insurance pay for your damages? Else note to everyone, next time smash into the accident to be covered by their policy.

Glad to hear you're OK, Boomer. But you must be getting complacent, not having seen it developing.  ;)

Never could figure out how you got a CDA #, Phil started the CDA program for dropping the bike at a standstill or while moving it around your garage, etc., because that's what he was always doing.  You had crashes - those weren't s'posed to count.

Yeah, am gettin' old an'senile.  :rotflmao:

I think my first CDA was dropping Sanji in a field at 0mph. Foot slipped on the grass. No damage. :)

Don't worry, Boomer,

your new (used) cowling will come included Headlight and both turn signals :beerchug:

Thanks to Ralf  :beerchug: I have a main fairing cowling coming, have already sourced a new fairing frame, had in stock the fairing side panels, fairing inner and footpeg bracket. So, just need to get the Rifle base welded, make a a new screen, and decide on a new colour scheme.
First I need to heal.  :great: