• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Cee Bailey with or without vent?

Tony

Big Wheel
I do like the look of the Cee Bailey windshield. Any comments for or against the vent? Does it allow water intrusion? Thanks in advance.

I've a Cee Bailey with a vent and have not noticed any significant water intrusion through the vent. I've had the unfortunate opportunity to ride through several pretty hard rain storms (and hail) so it's been "tested". YMMV, depending on the height of the windscreen.

Another attribute of the vent is to equalize the airflow to create a more stable pocket of air for the rider. The vent is adjustable for closed or open positions during riding. In hot weather, it allows airflow into the cockpit as well. I would spend the extra $$ and get the vent, or else you will always be wondering what it would have been.

The Cee Bailey vent is not adjustable. You are probably thinking of the Clearview. It has a vent like the Goldwing. Eddie 2005 Concours 1969 Triumph Bonneville AMA# 686667 COG# 7073 CDA# 0136 http://picasaweb.google.com/Eddie753

IMO CeeBaily with vent lets lots of rain in. I run most the winter with mine plugged. I dont even bother to remove it on nice days. In summer the plug is in or out as needed. http://www.fredandrose.com/Concours/images/Dscn3042.jpg

I agree with Slybones. I use the foam tube you use to insulate pipes in the winter. It pops right in and out. However, I have not noticed that much of a problem with rain. I use my plug mainly for the cold in the winter as if there is no ice I ride. I would not have one without the vent. Respectfully Yours! Wess Heavner COG #8010 CDA #0239
2488051070102653285S200x200Q85.jpg

Mine is 23 1/2" with vent, and the wind buffeting is greatly diminished, however I don't know if it is due to the vent or less curvature of the lip. As far as rain protection goes, in heavy rain I plug the vent due to water funneling through.

I have a 23 1/2 also vented and have been well satisfied with it. Would't hesitate to buy another one.