• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Cee Baileys Ultra Tour Dome vs Euro Cut for 2011 C14

jagman

Moped
Does anyone have a picture of their 2010/2011 bike with either of these windshields on?  They give a pretty good picture on their site of both but do not show the whole bike.  I'm 6'0" w/ 32" inseam and would like to not go any taller than necessary mostly for aesthetics, but also want no buffetting.  I would love to see a full bike picture, particularly with the Ultra on it, ideally from a retracted position to see what it does to the lines of the bike.  Anyone?

5858742051_f83781a110.jpg

This is my 2010 with the Euro on it.  I am 5' 10" and in full up, the wind goes over my helmet.  I lower the screen about 2" to get some wind on my face, and that is just smooth breeze.

It is a great screen in my opinion.  Only issue is that it works a bit too well.  Even in full down, airflow only gets about down to my shoulders.  So it is hard to get cooling air on the body.  But the positive side of that is, you have great weather protection in the cold and inclement weather. 

Thanks guys.  I ordered the Euro Cee Baileys Monday.  After seeing the screen on a full bike I'm glad I went with the Euro.  I was a bit worried about not getting enough air though.  I ride quite often now on my 11 with screen all the way down but it's been over 100 degrees several days in a row.
Really appreciate the input and especially the pic.

millsan1 said:
5858742051_f83781a110.jpg

This is my 2010 with the Euro on it.  I am 5' 10" and in full up, the wind goes over my helmet.  I lower the screen about 2" to get some wind on my face, and that is just smooth breeze.

It is a great screen in my opinion.  Only issue is that it works a bit too well.  Even in full down, airflow only gets about down to my shoulders.  So it is hard to get cooling air on the body.  But the positive side of that is, you have great weather protection in the cold and inclement weather.
Another thought is that at 6' vs 5'10" I might get wind in my face at full up. 
We'll see but again after seeing the Euro I would not want a taller windshield on the motorcycle.

You might, but I would be surprised.  If you do, probably more like a breeze, if anything.  You siad you have a 32" inseam, mine is 31", so your torso, in theory, is only 1" taller than mine.  Let us know how it works.  More info is always better for others.

I have a whole gallery full of photos of both the Euro and the Ultra CeeBaileys windshields here:

http://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/ceebaileysc14

Fred_Harmon_TX said:
I have a whole gallery full of photos of both the Euro and the Ultra CeeBaileys windshields here:

http://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/ceebaileysc14

Dang Fred...not sure this could be any more than I was asking for!  Awesome and thanks.  Now I see who's bikes on the Cee Baileys web site 8)

I just installed that Euro shield on my 2008. The difference vs stock is unreal.  I am not tall by any means (5'10" with a 32 inch inseam) and this shield is the perfect height.  I believe the spec is 5 inches taller than my original shield. I was worried that it was too tall, but no problem.

It offers decent airflow in the lowest position. Smoother than stock. In the full up position I cant see over the top, but this might be handy for a rain storm or such.

I have been running the Cee Bailey Ultra Dome for a week.  The light smoke tint looks sharp.  The stock wind screen on the C14-2011 was too short for my 6' 2" frame.  The stock in the down position put the wind on my  upper chest/helmet, and in the up position blasted air right at the helmet.  The Ultra Dome is quiet with minimal wind noise and good sight lines in the 3/4 position.  In fact, not much difference between the 3/4 and full up.  In the down position, the air hits me in the neck.  It's a whole new ride, so  no need for ear plugs, and I need to be more careful about speed on the interstates. The C-14 wants to go fast and then faster!

The windscreen shipped with a big warning label about using paper towels, and non-approved plastics cleaners. Definitely don't use Windex.  My bad on the stock screen.  I found this Plexiglass cleaner on- line.  It had great reviews and it does the job.
http://www.mypilotstore.com/mypilotstore/sep/1150#Reviews