• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Center Stand handle

911ZG Guy

Bicycle
Has anyone installed the ProjekD folding centerstand assist handle?  If yes, how does it rate?
          The C14 is easy to put on the cs, but I can not find a place to lift the bike onto the ---satan--- (STAND, I meant) that does not cause my wrist to ache. ( I seem to have developed a bit of a problem with the tendons).

I looked at that handle but decided I really didn't like the look....

If your wrist is hurting when putting the bike on the CC then you are using the wrong technique,  you don't want to "lift" the bike up, as much as stabilize it while your FOOT does the work...

Next time you put it on the CC, try with one hand on the handlebar, one on the rear grab rails, get the bike centered on both feet of the stand and then really bear down with your weight onto the Center stand, the bike should hop right up :)  that's how I do it..YMMV

I was utterly shocked how easy the C14 was to put on its center stand the first time I tried. I found it easier than even the ST1100 with its fold out side handle. I just put a hand on the rear seat handles and step on the center stand. No pulling or anything. Just step and let your foot/weight do all the work.

Mad River Marc said:
I looked at that handle but decided I really didn't like the look....

If your wrist is hurting when putting the bike on the CC then you are using the wrong technique,  you don't want to "lift" the bike up, as much as stabilize it while your FOOT does the work...

Next time you put it on the CC, try with one hand on the handlebar, one on the rear grab rails, get the bike centered on both feet of the stand and then really bear down with your weight onto the Center stand, the bike should hop right up :)  that's how I do it..YMMV

Thanks for the reply, but I already know how to put a bike on its cs- hell, I have had a C10 for 10 years, and it is no problem. I am having a TENDON problem, and I need a shorter reach with less twist to the wrist to comfortably support the bike and lift by. IIRC, the BMW R1100-1200s had a handle for this from the factory.

I have a serious back problem and was paralyzed on my right side for a while last year.  For a while my right leg would not work well enough to get the bike on the CS.  I looked at that handle, but it seemed way to low to help.  It would force you to use more back than leg.
I can put it on the CS now, but may have to have more back surgery in the near future that will put me out of commission for 3-6 months. No riding at all.

^-^

I advise you to buy it.
Lift the bike with minimal effort.
It was one of the best buys.
I am attaching the link
http://projektd.com/product_info.php?products_id=171&osCsid=ac48e1c485345a67c88cfec9b0be6eaa

I show a picture of my machine

charli said:
http://projektd.com/product_info.php?products_id=171&osCsid=ac48e1c485345a67c88cfec9b0be6eaa

That would come in handy when I have my rear seat loaded down with my tent and other bags as there isn't any good place to grab onto then.

COGnosticat0r said:
charli said:

That would come in handy when I have my rear seat loaded down with my tent and other bags as there isn't any good place to grab onto then.

Wouldn't it be nice if the bags on the rear seat was that avatar. Now those are something to grab on to!  :)