• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Central NY Meet and Greet - MAY 4th - UPDATES and Directions

ensoniqdude

Scooter
Allrighty folks - we had a bit of a delay but I'm getting things back together now that the weather is finally looking like it might be working in our favor.

Updated: K&H has made it official: May 4th is Concours Appreciation day! :great:

Meet and Greet
DATE: May 4th
TIME: 10:30am

MEET & GREET & CONCOURS APPRECIATION DAY
- Meet, greet and say hello
- Card Carrying members of COG normally get 10% off at K&H but they'll be offering an additional 5% off parts and accesories at the event. UPDATE: The discount will be extended to accesories or parts that are being ordered as well as what's in stock!
- Free motorcycle inspections
- Other Open House specials to be announced.

Afterwards we'll take a short ride into town and have lunch at "Garcia's Mexican Restaurant" in Cortland or at a local BBQ place.  (We'll take a vote.)

More details and directions to follow!

Directions:

K&H is near the small town of Little York - just North of Cortland and just south of another small town, Preble.

FROM THE NORTH:
- Head south on RT 81.
- Take EXIT 13 off of RT 81.
- Turn Right onto RT 281.
- Head South for approx. 3miles.  Turn LEFT on to Little York X-ing Rd.
- K&H will be on the left, just past the overpass

FROM THE SOUTH
There are a few different routes...depending on whether you're coming up through Cortland or taking RT 81 North

RT 81 NORTH:
- Take EXIT 12 HOMER
- Follow the exit and take the Right ramp towards Homer.
- Turn LEFT off the ramp and follow RT 11 through the quaint town of Homer. (Doh!)
- About 5 miles - turn LEFT on to Little York X-ing Road.
- K&H will be on your right about 1/4 mile down the road.

RT13 NORTH FROM ITHACA, etc.
- Take RT 13 into Cortland.
- At the RT 13 / RT 281 Split, continue straight on RT281. (An A&W will be on your left)
- Take RT 281 North through Cortland and continue through the west side of the town of Homer
- About five miles north, turn RIGHT on to Little York X-ing Rd.
- K&H will be on the left, just past the overpass

After lunch, there are numerous riding opportunities out of the area.  I'll have some maps available will some of the more interesting routes for those so inclined.

At lunch, we'll be discussing future rides and the possibility of our area sponsoring a Finger Lakes Rally later in the year.

james_laribee_NY said:
I'm not a COG member. But I am a Connie rider. Am I still welcome?
JML
It isn't my Meet & Greet, but usually anyone is welcome.  Bike make/model or membership not an issue.

Some folks even show up in cars...  :-\

ALL are welcome!  Come on down.  May have a friend of mine show up on an ST1100 so no worries.

Just trying to revitalize interest in the Concours and touring in the Finger Lakes area.  Bring a map if you'd like to describe a favorite ride or two.

(The parts discount is for COG or ROK members though!)

Central NY Update (Rob Romano AAD)

5/11/13 - Central NY Meet and Greet - COG Appreciation Day
Join us at K&H Kawasaki in Little York, NY to meet, greet and say hello to other member from the region. Card carrying members of COG normally get 10% off at K&H but they'll be offering an additional 5% off parts and accesories at the event. UPDATE: The discount will be extended to accessories or parts that are being ordered as well as what's in stock!  K&H will also provide free motorcycle inspections and there may be other Open House specials to be announced.
Afterwards we'll take a short ride into town and have lunch at "Garcia's Mexican Restaurant" in Cortland or at a local BBQ place. (We'll take a vote.)

This is why I asked.
JL

EnsoniqDude said:
Where are you pulling this from?

Looks like the error is in the monthly update email.  Not sure how that happened. Maybe my fat fingers?

I received an updated correction from COG this morning in my Email. I'm planning on riding down there today. Looks like a nice day for a ride.

Didn't arrive until 12:45 and missed the group :-[
Did get to do some tire kicking and bike haggling with the salesmen! Our new college graduate maybe back next week to pick up some new wheels! >:D

Thanks everyone,

Was an awesome day for a ride and met some great people. Thanks to the guys at K&H For being so helpful and accommodating. What a great group of like minded individuals to share some time and good food with. Look forward to our next get together.

It was nice to meet you guys yesterday. I'm the guy with the only c-10 that showed up. Trouble is, it pointed out to me how old my bike is and ignited my desire for something new. Hard to beat the bang for the buck of the old Connies though. I even stopped at a Suzuki dealer on the way home and sat on a new V-Strom. Hmmm. Now what?
JML
99 Concours(the filthy one)

Thanks for everyone who attended!  Hopefully we can continue to build the membership in the area.

K&H was accomidating and said that they were more than willing to hold another "Concours Appreciation Day" later in the season.  One idea might be to meet there and then head out for a group ride.

A big thumbs up to Bill K who showed up - even after he had a small issue, a flat tire!  Lucky for him, K&H had a tire in stock, was ready to mount it and he ended up with a 15% discount to boot.

A tip of the helmet to "Garcia's" for another splendid lunch.

Next meeting will be in June, TBA, but will most likely be a "meet, greet and ride" event.

Stay tuned!

Attachments

• DSC_0003A.jpg
    DSC_0003A.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC_0007A.jpg
    DSC_0007A.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC_0002A.jpg
    DSC_0002A.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 90
James: Your C10 was a great addition to the day.  Love that color.  And if you're thinking of something new, maybe K&H can interest you in one of their C14 sitting on the showroom floor?  :)

All,
I had a great time visiting with you and I'm glad I made the ride down. What great weather and roads on my way there.
I'll be staying with my old C-10 at least for the rest of this year but it was nice to see the modern version there. I'm a big
fan of those St-11 Hondas that was there too.
JML

It was a good mix of sport touring machines.  And seriously, you were a welcome addition.  Its not the machine - its the miles and the person.

james_laribee_NY said:
It was nice to meet you guys yesterday. I'm the guy with the only c-10 that showed up. Trouble is, it pointed out to me how old my bike is and ignited my desire for something new. Hard to beat the bang for the buck of the old Connies though. I even stopped at a Suzuki dealer on the way home and sat on a new V-Strom. Hmmm. Now what?

Rode my recently sold 2005 Connie to the Meet and Greet.  My buddy rode my 2012 Strom.  If you are into interstate riding a 650 Strom will be a disappointment from the Connie. If you take State County and Lesser Roads including some light dirt/gravel the Strom is Wonderful.  I have a 33-34 inch inseam and even with the peg lowerers on the Connie, the stock 2012 650 Strom has the Connie beat on comfort with my Corbin Seat.  The stock Strom seat is very similar to my Corbin on the Connie.

Patroller said:
james_laribee_NY said:

Rode my recently sold 2005 Connie to the Meet and Greet.  My buddy rode my 2012 Strom.  If you are into interstate riding a 650 Strom will be a disappointment from the Connie. If you take State County and Lesser Roads including some light dirt/gravel the Strom is Wonderful.  I have a 33-34 inch inseam and even with the peg lowerers on the Connie, the stock 2012 650 Strom has the Connie beat on comfort with my Corbin Seat.  The stock Strom seat is very similar to my Corbin on the Connie.

I don't recall seeing the Strom there. How did I miss that?
Yes thats my worry. Giving up my Connie and then regretting it. Finances just dont allow both right now. Divorce will do that to you! LOL
JML