• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Change in Bun Cooler dates

arrowlane

I received a call from the L&C Resort. They said there was a conflict with our Bun Cooler date. We originally had May 21 & 22. The resort now has an event manager who was trying to sort through the notes left by someone else and found the bluegrass festival was scheduled through the 21st & 22nd. I told her that wasn't acceptable because it would put us into the 2nd week of June and I would have to look to have our ride some place else. She said that May 14 & 15 was available, which I was told before wasn't. I told her that I would check with our members and see what they say.

So here is the deal. We would get May 14 & 15, which actually fits in closer with our original dates and name "Bun Cooler". Plus we would get 20% off on rooms rather than the 10% we were getting. She will contact everyone that has already made reservations and  make the change in date. She will also make sure there is extra help to make sure we don't have the problems with the restaurant. 

I have thought about other places and I don't know of anyplace else up river from Lewiston that would work. I would have to check with Grangeville and see if they have anything. We can go with the L&C Resort this year and I will check around for 2017 to see what else I can find in the area. If you guys don't want the 14th & 15th I will have to try and find something else this year.

So let me know what you guys think.

Jim_Sherman_ID said:
I received a call from the L&C Resort. ...
it would put us into the 2nd week of June and ...
So let me know what you guys think.

2nd week of  June is usually wonderful weather and would be my vote. 
May 14/15 is iffy for me, but I'm just one rider of many ...

Looking forward, perhaps get the resort events manager to now reserve your choice of the best wknd for 2017? 
They did get new owners in 2015 I think, so maybe this is just teething issues for newer resort staff.

Jim, what's your feeling on weather wise since you live there? I'm not real enthused about the date but like most I am flexable and plan on being there.

You must think I'm serious when I predict good weather for the Bun Cooler 6 months in advance.  ;)

The weather can be either really good or rainy. What typically happens if we get rain in May we don't get any in June and just the opposite if we have a dry May. My prediction is with the el nimo we will have great weather. I'll put my order in the 1st of the year.

I usually don't plan that far in advance but will try to get this in my calendar when the time approaches.  >:D

Jim_Sherman_ID said:
You must think I'm serious when I predict good weather for the Bun Cooler 6 months in advance.  ;)

The weather can be either really good or rainy. What typically happens if we get rain in May we don't get any in June and just the opposite if we have a dry May. My prediction is with the el nimo we will have great weather. I'll put my order in the 1st of the year.
Holding you to that Jim!  :great: :motonoises: :beerchug: :)

Jim_Sherman_ID said:

No, just I can say you where I live when the rainy season is. It starts right before and continues through cherry harvest.  ;)

Hi. FNG here. Just bought a brand new 2003 ZG1000 last week, which I have to go fetch in California the end of this week with a trailer and bring it back to Idaho. Once it's serviced and detailed, it should be ready to ride. The Bun Cooler sounds like fun, and it's fairly local, so I'll try to make that one.  ;D

By the way, I say that the bike is a brand new 2003 because it has 432 miles on the clock (as in 00432.8 miles) and has been in dry storage for the last 12 years or so. Yes, I DID get lucky finding this bike. :great:

After getting no negative feed back I called the resort and changed the date to the 14th & 15th. I'll call the weather man next and put in my order for sunny weather.

I will do some checking around on other locations that are more reliable for future Bun Coolers. I will report on that at the coming Cooler.

Can you let us know when the resort should have contacted us to update our reservations? I had some issues getting a correct e-mail address registered with them and I want to make sure my reservation gets updated.

207 days and counting!

Thanks!

Jim_Sherman_ID said:
I'll call the weather man next and put in my order for sunny weather.
If you don't have any luck with the weather admin get Glenna on it  ;) :))

Braz said:
Can you let us know when the resort should have contacted us to update our reservations? I had some issues getting a correct e-mail address registered with them and I want to make sure my reservation gets updated.

207 days and counting!

Thanks!

I'll contact them again and make sure they notify everyone. Let me know if you don't hear from them in the next week.

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
Jim_Sherman_ID said:
What did I do to you guys that you want to make me the AD?

You demonstrated the ability to fog a mirror.  :great:
:)) The skill set requirements list is not extensive for the position  :)) :)) Look at me. :) :beerchug:

[/quote]

I thought you posted that. Can you change the dates?
[/quote]

Kari posted it, but I can edit it.
[/quote]

I would appreciate it.

I have been working with the resort for the Bun Cooler. They are trying to get things back in shape after the fires. Kamiah almost burned down. They were surrounded by fire. There were a bunch of houses burned down. The resort wasn't burned, but the restaurant has been closed since the fire because many of the workers moved or haven't come back because of the fire. The resort was evacuated twice.

They have just hired a new restaurant manager and they are in the process of hiring help. They are suppose to open up after the first of the year. I was assured that they would have enough help so we won't have the problems we had last year with service.

They are going to call me after the first of the year to go over the menu, prices and other things. I'll post it as soon as I know everything and we will open registration.

Jim_Sherman_ID said:
I have been working with the resort for the Bun Cooler. They are trying to get things back in shape after the fires. Kamiah almost burned down. They were surrounded by fire. There were a bunch of houses burned down. The resort wasn't burned, but the restaurant has been closed since the fire because many of the workers moved or haven't come back because of the fire. The resort was evacuated twice.

They have just hired a new restaurant manager and they are in the process of hiring help. They are suppose to open up after the first of the year. I was assured that they would have enough help so we won't have the problems we had last year with service.

They are going to call me after the first of the year to go over the menu, prices and other things. I'll post it as soon as I know everything and we will open registration.

Sounds like Kamiah could use an infusion of cash.  Let's see what we can do about that.

Jim,

Your efforts have not gone without notice. As to the dates I would love to entertain the new dates. As to the overwhelming comments regarding you becoming the new AD I not only think you would do a fantastic job, I would be honored in being the one that is twice removed from your new position. After all if Charlie and I could do it any damn fool, err, I mean you would have it down pat in no time.......  ;)

Keep us posted! 

2linby said:
Jim,

Your efforts have not gone without notice. As to the dates I would love to entertain the new dates. As to the overwhelming comments regarding you becoming the new AD I not only think you would do a fantastic job, I would be honored in being the one that is twice removed from your new position. After all if Charlie and I could do it any damn fool, err, I mean you would have it down pat in no time.......  ;)

Keep us posted!

See Jim, I'm not nuts.

I'll bring my C14 front axle tool and floaties in case Jack shows up again.  :beerchug: :)

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
2linby said:
Jim,

Keep us posted!

See Jim, I'm not nuts.

JIM FOR AD, JIM FOR AD, JIM FOR AD, JIM FOR AD.  GLENA FOR THE REAL AD, GLENA FOR THE REAL AD!!!  (Great barbeques.) :great:

TimR said:
Joe is "retired" with the rest of us so whats the complaint?

All you retired guys are too smart to take the job.  You guys figured out how to stop working, and it's really hard to start someone up again.  I need to find another dummy like me. :))

CBX-Bob said:
When (approx) will registration be open for this years buncooler?

It's open now Bob.  Please send a check to my home address.  Also please add, handling, shipping, and convenience fees, along with OR, WA, and Federal taxes.  Also, please add one of your CBXs.    :)) :))

PLEASE MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND SAVE THE DATES!

We will not open the registration until we have confirmed the meal offerings as well as the the apparel that we will have available because once the registration opens and an order is placed, we are no longer able to update, add or modify the event.  Please be patient and just save the dates for now.  We are expecting really a good turnout and will get the info up as quickly as possible.  Thank you for your patience!

Thanks a bunch!

Kari Flint
AAD Marketing

CBX-Bob said:
Check is in the mail Joe. Long sleeve shirt please  ;D

You got it.  But unfortunately in addition to the above fees there will be an extra $250 stock charge for long sleeve.  :rotflmao:

Every time I see this thread pop up again in the "Show unread posts since last visit." -- I think "It changed again?"

I realize it is my mentally challenged self that is the cause of this momentary confusion  :-[ , but...

Any chance a person of importance and standing could change the title to:
"Bun Cooler 2016 Info"
or
"Hey everybody, awesome Bun Cooler 2016 talk"
or
"Bun Cooler 2016 - what the heck's a bun cooler?"
or...

WANDRNG said:
Every time I see this thread pop up again in the "Show unread posts since last visit." -- I think "It changed again?"

I realize it is my mentally challenged self that is the cause of this momentary confusion  :-[ , but...

Any chance a person of importance and standing could change the title to:
"Bun Cooler 2016 Info"
or
"Hey everybody, awesome Bun Cooler 2016 talk"
or
"Bun Cooler 2016 - what the heck's a bun cooler?"
or...

Keith....I'm sure the title of this thread can be changed but only if you are planning on attending.  ;)
or...maybe we should just start a new one since the dates are now firm. I still think Joe or Jim should volunteer to be the N/W AD.  >:D  Give Charlie a break for awhile. A short while.

I might go to this here Bun Cooler thing if you don't make me sit in the snow!  :truce:

Lol - nice Gumby!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Was curious if that's what "bun cooler" meant!  :nananana:  If it is, count me out.

TimR said:
Keith....I'm sure the title of this thread can be changed but only if you are planning on attending.
I was working on being there, but Gumby's event photo has me a bit concerned...  :(

Is this pic from the Ball Chiller ride at the Bun Cooler event?

I had just about cleared my calendar and commitments so I could attend - now I'm thinking ol' Aunt Clara's quilting circle has a certain appeal over this.

Oh - what the heck - I'll just bring protection  :great:
butt_protector.jpg

Tigger said:
PLEASE MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND SAVE THE DATES! ...
Kari Flint
AAD Marketing

TimR said:
Keith...maybe we should just start a new [thread] since the dates are now firm.

Look over these LAST TWO PAGES of the thread and nobody mentions the dates!

So I'll be the straight guy and ask: "What are the dates for the 2016 Bun Cooler?"

The resort is suppose to send me meal information this week. I'm out of the desert and have internet access this week. I'll get everything posted as soon as I have the information.

I'm thinking we will start a new thread that says registration is open after we get it set up.

I vote for Jim Sherman.  Do I hear a second.  Yes I did!!  Jim Sherman for NW AD.  Motion Seconded and Passed.  It's now official.  Jim, please contact COG national and get the paperwork done, since there ain't any other man any where close to you the AD man, then you MUST be Da AD MAN.  Congratulations!!!

Sorry Jim, one can only try.  ;D

Old Man on a Connie said:
Wasn't that a Zappa song? No no, that was yellow snow.

"Watch out where the Huskies go and don't you eat that yellow snow." 

"Goin' to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.  Raisin' it up, waxin' it down, puttin' it in my pickup truck and headed DOWN......TOWN!"

RIP Frank Zappa.