• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Changed lowering links

bikerpipes

I found a set of stock dog bones off a 1400 ninja so I removed the soupys adjustable links and re installed the center stand.Plus I installed there adjustable side stand.I can almost flat foot at stop lights.the links worked great but I wanted a center stand.I will be puting the links for sale in the classified adds.

Angus, I suspect the ZX-14 Links lowered it too much.
I looked into the ZX-14 Links and agree that they will lower the bike.
But they are so long that the bike is lowered more than 2".
Can cause clearance issues.

Ride safe, Ted

I measured the links they are the same length as the adjustable links I have been running all month took it out on a twisty road and connie handled fine.

I agree, it will still be rideable. Just offering a thought as it might be an issue.
ie: I sed clearance could be a problem.
      I think you dropped the rear 2 1/2" so your pipe etc are that much closer to the ground.
      Lean angle changed by a similar percent.
      Plus your drive shaft is at a heck of an angle all the time.

Lastly; Did you also drop the front to match?
          If not. You changed the geometry.
            This does effect handling.

Ride safe, Ted

I follow you.
You should be ok, but be specially aware of clearance when you go over things..
  {Don't want a dinted header}

NOTE: Others have gone to the ZX-14 Links and they must be doing ok.
          (It just seems like too much drop to me)

Ride safe, Ted

I found a set of Muzzy lowering links from a forum member and installed them today I can't flat foot at stop signs but close plus I think it handles a little better.Now I have a stock set of links a set off the 1400 ninja and a set of soupys adjustable links.I think I have covered all my choices.Now I need a set of wedges.

I got a LAAM seat and had him make it a low version. I believe it is at least an inch lower. Also the front is narrower and that also helps get the feet down. That and lowering links made it possible to flat foot.