• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Checking in- new member- new world

Cafefill

Greetings!
After 105,000 miles of touring and all 48 states on a 2002 Yamaha Roadstar, I thought it was time to explore the sport touring world of motorcycling. I found this 2003 beauty on eBay, and made her mine. I haven't picked the bike up yet, but am really looking forward to getting into the saddle on this one. It came with a Russell Day Long seat, and the Corbin shown in the picture as well. From what I see. it has all the creature comforts, including Audiovox cruise, with maybe the exception of a GPS. I'll be looking at a Garmin Zumo, I'm pretty sure.
Anyway- just wanted to say hello, and I hope to learn all about this "new world" from this forum and it's apparently well informed membership. Oh, and yes I plan on keeping the Roadstar!
Cafefill
KGrHqYOKpkE256jhjOHBN2n0ojw_3.jpg

Congrats and welcome Cafefill ! I had an 03 and still love that bike. It has such a nice color. That one looks to be in nice shape!

:welcome:

congrats and welcome to the new world.  I came from a Road Star, as well,  and got into my C14 a few months ago.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE,LOVE, LOVE, LOVE,LOVE, LOVE, LOVE,LOVE, LOVE, LOVE,LOVE, LOVE, LOVE,LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the color!!!!!!!!!!!  ;)

Sorry a little bit of a color fetish thing seeping thru....

Congrats and welcome!!!

Welcome.

I also added a C-10 to the stable in addition to my RoyalStar...  I love them both, two different styles, but both great fun.  The wife much preferes the comfort of the cruiser, but they both get lots of love.

Enjoy!

^-^      Congratulations and welcome to the group!! Check out our calender and see if you can attend some of our gatherings, great folks here!

Nice! You found the right bike, and the right place to learn about it too.  You might want to take a very quick look at the CDA area on the forum too.  Believe it or not, it happens a lot - even to very experienced riders.

Enjoy!