• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Christmas Party Saturday Night

charlie gary

"Special" Assistant to the NWAD
The summer sausages are bought, as are the cheese and the grapes and the veggies and the crackers and the pop and the beer and the wine, the pork loin has been cut in half and seasoned for the smoker, one half with a special onion-and-garlic-free rub, there's chili fixin's waiting to be thawed and cooked, there's burgers and meatless taco salad to be had- Doh! I didn't get anything for dessert.  What should we do?

http://tinyurl.com/c8a9j4v

Thanks Charlie and Mrs Charlie! A very good time had by all.
Lots of good food and discussions!
006-L.jpg

008-L.jpg

011-L.jpg

012-L.jpg

013-L.jpg

I scored in the door drawing! Aerostich Roadcrafter back protector pad:
014-L.jpg

Me? I just got home a couple minutes ago (720 mile round trip!) and I have to see Dan with MY stich back protector! (I should have won, but I was not there!  :'(  ;))  Hey back to reality. Nice to see everyone again, hope all had a good time at the show and se everyone soon. (yes that is a warning! HA!  :)

Thanks for hosting, Charlie and Akemi (sp?).  Was great to visit with everyone, and partake in the fantastic food as well!  :great:

What a great time!  For all those who made it, thanks for coming out.  We had fifteen people in my house, which made for quite a crowd.  It makes me wonder if I'm going to need to enclose my back porch in case larger groups begin to assemble here.  For all those who couldn't make it due to weather or whatever, all I can say is we had a great time and wished you could have joined us.

Hey, I sat next to the gentleman sitting on the left (green t-shirt) in the top picture while we were getting custom ear plugs made at the M/C show! He and I were both somewhat impatient with the very slow pace of them getting completed.

Racerboy said:
Hey, I sat next to the gentleman sitting on the left (green t-shirt) in the top picture while we were getting custom ear plugs made at the M/C show! He and I were both somewhat impatient with the very slow pace of them getting completed.

Small world!

Mr. Baker does have a bit of a problem with time estimation doesn't he? Not the most efficient operation, but he does good work. That is my third set of plugs from him over the years, and honestly really the only reason I attended.

Which one were you? The one to my left or right?

And great job on the party Charlie!

Good company, good grub, and good times. Make sure to thank your wife for putting up with us.

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
  What a great time!  For all those who made it, thanks for coming out.  We had fifteen people in my house, which made for quite a crowd.  It makes me wonder if I'm going to need to enclose my back porch in case larger groups begin to assemble here.  For all those who couldn't make it due to weather or whatever, all I can say is we had a great time and wished you could have joined us.

Yes I do wish I could have attended the COG Christmas party but I did not trust the weather and it would have been a very long day for me. I ended up at the Cops Christmas party here in town. As I was leaving the party the fuel pump on my Full Size Bronco decided to quit. (no start) I learned if you bang on the fuel tank with a shovel, sometimes you can jar them enough to get them to pump again. This happened in town and I’m glad it did not happen at Charlie’s. I now carry a shovel with me and have had to use it a couple of more times. Guess the fuel tank will get dropped and a new pump put in. (eck)
This morning I had an American Legion Riders meeting to attend. I was hoping to hold elections but with the snowy weather we are having, only 5 showed up and 4 of us are already officers.  I was hoping to see someone else elected as Director. (Sound familiar Charlie?) I’m trying to clear my plate a little since being appointed to City Counsel.

Merry Christmas to all. TimR 

Lone-Rider said:
Racerboy said:

Small world!

Mr. Baker does have a bit of a problem with time estimation doesn't he? Not the most efficient operation, but he does good work. That is my third set of plugs from him over the years, and honestly really the only reason I attended.

Which one were you? The one to my left or right?

I was on your left, with a black sweatshirt or jacket. The earplugs were also one of the reasons I attended (this will be my second pair of them).

Racerboy said:

Gentleman?!  Wayne?!  Methinks you need to come out to some COG events and get to know Wayne a little better!

Just kidding.  Wayne's a great guy.  Right, Wayne?  :)

Pretty good attendance and great hosting. Yes, the ride "home" was wet, but worth it. Thanks again to both Charlie and his better half for putting this on.

Looks like you two threw a great party Charlie, yep maybe you should expand for next years..just a thought!

You are (again) the NWAD and getting ready to start a new term with lots of good ideas..right???

:1rij:

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
Racerboy said:

Gentleman?!  Wayne?!  Methinks you need to come out to some COG events and get to know Wayne a little better!

Hey, I like me! :))

Lone-Rider said:
Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
Racerboy said:

Hey, I like me! :))

That makes two of us so far.  :singing:

Jeez, I just read this thread now, didn't know anything about it.  Whoops.  Looks like a fun time was had by all!

P.S. - the pictures always make me feel extra young in this crowd

A few gray hairs, but we lose a few at every party. Everyone likes a little Wayne, it's good to see people still around. I should start a 2013 thread on kicking around winter rides starting with New Years. It seems the MC show was a little smaller and less "stuff" to look at. What this town could use is a less flashy venue with a lot more square footage and lower cost. A springtime event in a large warehouse with everyone in town and national that wants to, can bring a fair amount of bikes and "stuff" geared to the all riders. My guess is that there may be vacancies in those large ones, say in Kent and Auburn. Mehren used Sand Point once. Here's to the next sunny day?