• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

coasting

edison1

Training Wheels
I live at the bottom of a long hill.  I can pull in the clutch or put the bike in neutral, will thins damage anything

I'm doing it all the time. I prefer pulling in the clutch and using the brakes (mostly the front one) to slow down and/or stop.

Ray

edison said:
I live at the bottom of a long hill.  I can pull in the clutch or put the bike in neutral, will thins damage anything

No but when you put the bike back in gear I would raise the RPM so the transmission will mesh easier.

If you have a C14, you have a slipper clutch and won't hurt anything even if you don't match RPMs.....