• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Coffee and fun at Kawasaki Motors this Saturday

Anyone willing to host a meet and greet for this? SaddleBack, O'Neill park, Ortega Hwy, Cooks Corner, Silverado Canyon is right around the corner from here. Some great stuff. Looks like a nice event. Wish I could go. Old stomping grounds.

I should be finished with the Navy in New Orleans  :great:, if the Admiral agrees I'll ake a ride up there and see whats shakin

Thx Craig. If there is anyone out there that would like to act as the contact person for COG at this event please let me know. I know it's short notice but what a great venue to explain COG and the people involved. If anyone is interested I will try to make contact with mama Kaw and ease your entrance. Will also try to get some club literature and banner sent out to you. Let me know asap and I'll get to work on it.
Mark Hartman
COG/SWAD

Im out...I am now an official member of Connie Droppers Anonymous. Riding out on Highway 94 this morning, pulled over to put on some sun glasses. I had almost completely stopped, i placed my foot down and it slid in gravel. could not catch it and me and the Missus went over. the end result, 1 broken tight foot peg, a fresh dose of humility and a slower ride home.

Ping Jockey said:
... placed my foot down and it slid in gravel. could not catch it and me and the Missus went over.

Sorry to hear about the drop... Glad the damage was minor. 

I went to the event.  It seemed to be more for the Ninja group.  There was a herd of them parked in the special parking area.  My Connie doesn't have any tank branding and I was directed (twice) to park in the area assigned for "off" brands.  Poor ol' Blue had to park away from the other Kawasaki and was stuck in the middle of a bunch of Honda's and Suzuki's.  That was ok, made Blue look even better!

They had the 2014 models on display in their lobby and out front.  There was good coffee and they handed out some nice medal coffee cups.  I went through their little museum area and took time to complain that there wasn't a ZG1000 on display, pointing out that it had styling that lasted 21 years.  They promised to look for a 86 to display (I'll hold my breath on that one).

Sorry I could not make that event. I was out of town till late Saturday.  Karl, if you want to go for a ride sometime just send a PM or on this page. I live in Mission Viejo, just around the corner from Kawasaki Motors headquarters. Maybe Ping Jockey and others can join us too.  :motonoises: