• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

COG 2023 Member Handbook/Directory - Update Your Member Data

ForumAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
The COG 2023 Member Handbook/Directory is on track to go to publication in March 2023.
Unless a member chooses to opt out, all active members will be included in the Directory.
Information included is: Name, COG#, years of membership, phone, email
Also, member should make following Yes/No choices. Member preferences for
Conv: Members can call while traveling for conversation and/or camaraderie
Tent: I have bed, bedroll, or tent space for travelling members
Assist: I can assist in the case of member mechanical trouble.

You must make updates/corrections to your profile by February 24, 2023 - CLICK HERE TO GO TO PROFILE

Profile update instructions and additional information about the handbook/directory:

Too late for this year, but I kinda wish I could answer with "Maybe" or "Possibly" to the question about providing mechanical assistance to members.
I answered NO, because there a lot of times I can't or I'm just not ready to drop what I'm doing to go help fix or tow someones bike. On the other hand I'd hate to leave someone stranded in the area if they are broke down and I happen to be sitting at home channel surfing, eating Cheetos, and licking my orange fingers.

Members have my permission to write that ("maybe mech. assist") next to my name in their handbook directory.

Too late for this year, but I kinda wish I could answer with "Maybe" or "Possibly" to the question about providing mechanical assistance to members.
I answered NO, because there a lot of times I can't or I'm just not ready to drop what I'm doing to go help fix or tow someones bike. On the other hand I'd hate to leave someone stranded in the area if they are broke down and I happen to be sitting at home channel surfing, eating Cheetos, and licking my orange fingers.

Members have my permission to write that ("maybe mech. assist") next to my name in their handbook directory.

IMHO, maybe is not a viable option for the handbook. People will not reach out to maybes.
"No", means no.. However a "Yes", can become "sorry, I'm unavailable at this time."

Maybe there should be an option "money talks, nobody walks" ;)

Reactions: Bud