• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

COG 25th Anniversary National Rally Camping Info

IronButtAl

To all the SECOG members who will be going to the Johnson City, TN national rally in 2014. Since the southeast members are the overwhelming majority of campers at all national rallies, or at any other rally or event for that matter, here's something that will make you happy (maybe). I've been asked to be the campground rally host, and I said yes on the strength of having such a good time doing it for the Fontana and Vermont nationals. I'm working with the rally committee to ensure everyone has a quality experience, but details are not complete, so there's not a lot to share with you right now. Shuttles, a ton of firewood, and snacks & beverages are some of the things that I'm working on now. But rest assured, as much camping as we all do in the SE, nothing will be left in question regards our needs at the campground. I'll add details as they become available, and know that the SECOG members will be the bulk of campers at this rally.        Al

Al, Bob W will be coming in with a Motor Home.
Will there be hook ups for the Motor Homes, and how far is the Camping area from Rally Central??

Ride safe, Ted

Way to go Al. :great: :You_Rock_Emoticon: :sign0098: Thanks again for all you do for our area and COG in general.  :c017:

connie_rider said:
Al, Bob W will be coming in with a Motor Home.
Will there be hook ups for the Motor Homes, and how far is the Camping area from Rally Central??

Ride safe, Ted
Ted, I want to be able to post all of the info in a complete,concise and timely manner when it becomes available. i just don't have all of the facts right now to share with you. I'm planing to take my camper also.    Al

Hhhmmmm...maybe I'll cancel my room.

The shuttle would almost make the deal, provided it runs late enough. :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

:popcorncouple:

I'll be watching for more info. I have full week reservations at the rally central hotel but would be very interesed in swapping out a few days to camp with the COG'ers.
I really like camp fire entertainment!!!

Buzzard

SteveJ. said:
Hhhmmmm...maybe I'll cancel my room.

The shuttle would almost make the deal, provided it runs late enough.

Keep expectations low.  ::)  Shuttle may only be for banquet night.

I read this Al and on one hand it sounds really good. I think shuttles would allow campers to be able to both enjoy beverages and not have to ride at night. But my Libra side of me all has to weigh things out. So when I see the nice side of things, I always have to weigh it out with the possible negatives. Folks pay the price to stay at rally central for multiple reasons. Of course the first is not having to camp. Of course another and just as pertinent reason would be to be at rally central where the festivities are happening, without having the worries of riding, drinking or both. So I have a feeling that other folks might be wondering as well. So I'll just go ahead and ask. So I have to wonder who's picking up the tab for these shuttles?
    If it's the campground or a sponsor, it's really cool and kudos to who's picking up the tab. But if not and the COG members as a whole or rally fees are providing these shuttles. I know it will sound ungrateful, since as I said, I think it would allow campers to be able to both enjoy beverages and not have to ride at night. But on the other hand, if it's coming out of rally fees or COG funds. Would it really be fair for the rest of the membership or rally attendees to have to pay extra to provide shuttles. This of course being for the convenience of the few folks camping who are already saving substantially over the cost to the other attendees at rally central, by camping in the first place. And I know I will get flamed now. But if you look at it the opposite way, I seriously doubt the folks camping would be willing to kick in funds to subsidize folks rooms at rally central. OK flame away.  ;)

Would like to bring a camper as I am a hotelphobic :-[. please update on the camping as soon as you know more please :great:

Al,
If all these SE coggers start campfires, by the end of the rally the SE is gonna look a lot like the SW!!  That's a LOTTA trees! :)) :))

Matt

Matt believe it or not, a lot of the SE grew up heating their homes with wood. We know how to conserve.  :nananana: :) Also on the shuttle, the only some of us on a limited income, camping is the only way we can afford to go. I think it a good idea to open the door so more members can enjoy the full benefits of the rally. :)

Kawcon14,
I was only making a joke. I am all for people saving money, camping, and telling tall tales around the campfire. I may well be one of the campers! I am torn on the shuttle part though. If all the campers were to pitch in for a shuttle I think it is a great idea. I don't think that everyone should have to cover expenses for "some" of the group.
Matt

mattchewn said:
Bob,
I'm with you on this one.
Matt

I disagree completely with Bob & Matt. As kawcon14rider said that is the only way some are able to attend is by camping, no reason they should be denied anything. The shuttle I'm sure will be a 2 way street, just as many from rally central using it to get to the campfire to party & back safely.

There was a shuttle at Idaho this year to take us FROM rally central to the campground because that's where they served one of the meals.

With out a shuttle you just end up with 2 different rally groups, you guys just need to chill!

Cliff  :beerchug:

While I do not dispute that some folk camp because they may not be able to afford attending any other way. But I find it irrelevant to the comments made. I still see no reason why all the other rally attendees or the COG membership itself should have to pay to provide a select few transportation. Once again it is their choice to attend the rally by camping rather than staying at the rally  with most other folks. Again, these folks are already saving substantially over every other rally attendee. But you feel that all the other folks should pay to provide these few folks their transportation to and from rally central. Maybe we could provide cabs to make it more convenient yet. Maybe pay for their camping sites and rally fees also.  ::)
    The truth be told, it's folks choice whether or not to attend. And obviously every individual must weigh out their own personal situation whether or not to attend. If these folks so chose to separate themselves from the rest of the rally group(for whatever reason), it is their decision. And they are not being denied anything. It's all there for them. But it's their choice to separate themselves from the rest of the group and possibly denying themselves (not being denied)).  If I'm not mistaken, all of the folks staying at rally central pay their own way to get to any of the rally's events. And not trying to be a jerk, but IMO, if it is a make or break situation for folks who do camp, rather than either riding their motorcycle to and from rally central. Or the campers themselves getting together to chip in for their own transportation (thus still saving substantially over every other rally attendee). If this is a make it or break it case for them. Then I personally prefer folks in this tight of a financial situation just stay home because obviously they cannot afford to be there in the first place. I would feel better for them not to spend the money, that might be used for much more important things in their lives, with it being so tight financially.
  Other than that, I see no reason for the COG membership or rally attendee's to have to pay for the expenses of a few of the rally attendees. I personally have my own special situations involved with traveling to a COG event. But I do not ask or expect the rest of the membership to pay to accommodate my personal situation. Again, I'm not saying you shouldn't have transportation for campers. What I am saying is that it is not right to ask everyone else to pay for it. It should be paid for by the folks who chose to need it in the first place.
    OK, once again, flame away since I am suggesting taking away Christmas for a few, because it looks to be at everyone else's expense. Or is this suppose to be an entitlement that I hear so much about lately?  ;)

Just Cliff said:
mattchewn said:
Bob,
I'm with you on this one.
Matt

I disagree completely with Bob & Matt. As kawcon14rider said that is the only way some are able to attend is by camping, no reason they should be denied anything. The shuttle I'm sure will be a 2 way street, just as many from rally central using it to get to the campfire to party & back safely.

There was a shuttle at Idaho this year to take us FROM rally central to the campground because that's where they served one of the meals.

With out a shuttle you just end up with 2 different rally groups, you guys just need to chill!

Cliff  :beerchug:

If COG shouldn't pay for something that will get a lot of use like a shuttle, then COG shouldn't pay for the buckets and soap for the bike wash that some people won't use. Nor should COG pay for door prizes that not everyone will get to use. Nor should COG offer the use of an indoor facility for "rally central" when the campers won't be using it equally at night time. Why should COG offer hot coffee in the lobby when not everyone drinks it?

The whole idea of having COG organize a rally is that we as individual members won't have to scramble to make certain things happen, like a bike show, seminars, camping, and ride routes--it will be waiting for us when we get there.

I really don't think COG is anything but FRUGAL with our rally fees and dues. If we get "nickel-dimed" for every little option we see, like a cup of coffee or a contribution to a campfire, this wouldn't be so much fun!

I'll be camping and Al already knows I'm available to volunteer for any job what needs done.

coffee_brake said:
If COG shouldn't pay for something that will get a lot of use like a shuttle, then COG shouldn't pay for the buckets and soap for the bike wash that some people won't use. Nor should COG pay for door prizes that not everyone will get to use. Nor should COG offer the use of an indoor facility for "rally central" when the campers won't be using it equally at night time. Why should COG offer hot coffee in the lobby when not everyone drinks it?

The whole idea of having COG organize a rally is that we as individual members won't have to scramble to make certain things happen, like a bike show, seminars, camping, and ride routes--it will be waiting for us when we get there.

I really don't think COG is anything but FRUGAL with our rally fees and dues. If we get "nickel-dimed" for every little option we see, like a cup of coffee or a contribution to a campfire, this wouldn't be so much fun!

I'll be camping and Al already knows I'm available to volunteer for any job what needs done.

Well said!  :great:

Folks,

i have done both (camping and hotel) at previous National rallies so i understand the issue.  But there is another issue we all need to be aware of.  Since we are planning for a large turnout we needed to find a location with plenty of rooms available within a great riding area.  Johnson City met both of those criteria.  The problem is that there is not great camping near Rally Central so we are looking into some sort of shuttle system.  Currently we believe we have the problem resolved for Banquet nite and the J.C. Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) is helping out with that.  We believe there will be no charge for that one nite.  The other nites are currently up in the air.  If we work something out it will be self pay since there is no additional fee built into the registration fee.  People staying in the hotels at or near rally central shouldn't be expected to pay for a service they won't use.

The campground we finally settled on is at the Fairgrounds.  It is a very nice facility with grassy tent sites, clean showers and r.v. hookups.  The problem is that it is about 8 mi. (mostly Interstate) from the hotel.

What we really don't want is two nationals.  Our preference is to have everybody stay at or near Rally Central.  Toward that end we selected an area that has lower price options nearby ( Days Inn etc.) within walking distance.  While the overflow reservations at nearby upscale hotels is being handled by the Holiday Inn staff; the lower price options are not.  You will need to handle those yourself.

Bottom line is that we are planning late afternoon and evening activities (meetings, presentations, socials, games etc.) for every evening and would like everyone to participate.  So please consider staying at one of the hotels as your first option.  Maybe we can put Al out of a job.

Ken

Sounds fair to me...

The fact that tent camping is accepted and widely used at COG events is the only reason I attend....

All of ya'll sharing rooms with buddies and spouses might find it feasible, but my options for sharing a room are very, very limited, so I HAVE to camp. Besides, it's way more fun being surrounded by bikes and riders, than holing up away from everybody in a hotel room!

coffee_brake said:
Sounds fair to me...

The fact that tent camping is accepted and widely used at COG events is the only reason I attend....

All of ya'll sharing rooms with buddies and spouses might find it feasible, but my options for sharing a room are very, very limited, so I HAVE to camp. Besides, it's way more fun being surrounded by bikes and riders, than holing up away from everybody in a hotel room!

Plus, when you are camping, you get to sleep in your own dirt, not the previous years assortment of other peoples dirt and  :-\ .

That being said, I'm sharing a motel room(one of the frugal options) with someone else(sorry Jenn ;) ).

SteveJ. said:
Plus, when you are camping, you get to sleep in your own dirt, not the previous years assortment of other peoples dirt and  :-\ .

That being said, I'm sharing a motel room(one of the frugal options) with someone else(sorry Jenn ;) ).
This is all my fault!!  :-[
I spoiled you by letting you sleep in my "tent"  :D

Camper Dave said:
SteveJ. said:

This is all my fault!!  :-[
I spoiled you by letting you sleep in my "tent"  :D
I really like your "tent" but it is a b*tch fitting it on the back of the seat, what with the dry bag there. Comfy, though.

All, I have reservations at the rally central hotel for the entire week, however recent medical obligations may force a  (less expensive) change in lodging arrangements. Having been a scoutmaster for 16 years  I've got plenty of camping gear at the ready. Is there any info or insight that can be shared about "camping" at a national rally?
Thanks,

Kim and all, new details and photos have now been added to the registration page. $15.00 tent fee isn't a bad deal, and we'll have fun at night together around the fire.    Al

I'd be willing to pay for my rides as I need them. I think at the least there should be a shuttle available at prearranged departure times.

Here's the latest national camping info that was just written by me for the rally web page. As I suspect the vast majority of campers will be from the SE area, I offer this info to our SE members.      Al

Camping:  Get the latest information about Camping at http://concours.org/national/nationalrally2014/lodging#campground.  CampMeister Al Norcross is working to ensure a good rally experience for those COGers who choose to camp. Tent sites are offered at $15.00 per/night/site, and RV sites are $20.00 per/night/site. RV sites have water, sewage and electric included. The restrooms and shower facilities have been visited by a member of the rally team, and have been deemed clean and of sufficient numbers to take care of our group. Campers can expect; a morning coffee station with snacks, available bottled water for the days ride, a large common fire ring, and lots of firewood. A couple of photos of the camping area are on the rally registration page, and the sites look to be flat, grassy and spacious. All Tents and RV's will be in the same area, and the restrooms and showers do NOT include a long walk. Besides all of the things that we've come to expect as the basics for camping, we'll try to come up with a few surprises to enhance our camping experience. We've arranged a shuttle for the Thursday night banquet to get our riders to and from the dinner and awards. This is provided at no charge to either the members or to COG. Al's a complete camper, so you can trust he'll do everything possible to make this a great experience for all. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Al (IronButtAl on the forum) by way of a PM, or at his club email address > SEAD@cog-online.org <

Can't wait to see yall there. Already got it on the calender for vacation at work.First National Rally and Campings the only way to go :great: I'm sure this is gonna ROCK! >:D

Roger
CAMPERS RULE

I must be missing something,i thought the campround is 8 miles away from the ralley,i will be camping for the first 2 days and unless riders are worried about dui's I think throwing down at the campground if allowed is a better option.If some members think its a waste of money for rider safety,and no shuttle I think taking a cab is okay by me.I do like to tip a few now and then.

IronButtAl said:
Here's the latest national camping info that was just written by me for the rally web page. As I suspect the vast majority of campers will be from the SE area, I offer this info to our SE members and all.      Al

Camping:  Get the latest information about Camping at http://concours.org/national/nationalrally2014/lodging#campground.  CampMeister Al Norcross is working to ensure a good rally experience for those COGers who choose to camp. Tent sites are offered at $15.00 per/night/site, and RV sites are $20.00 per/night/site. RV sites have water, sewage and electric included. The restrooms and shower facilities have been visited by a member of the rally team, and have been deemed clean and of sufficient numbers to take care of our group. Campers can expect; a morning coffee station with snacks, available bottled water for the days ride, a large common fire ring, and lots of firewood. A couple of photos of the camping area are on the rally registration page, and the sites look to be flat, grassy and spacious. All Tents and RV's will be in the same area, and the restrooms and showers do NOT include a long walk. Besides all of the things that we've come to expect as the basics for camping, we'll try to come up with a few surprises to enhance our camping experience. We've arranged a shuttle for the Thursday night banquet to get our riders to and from the dinner and awards. This is provided at no charge to either the members or to COG. Al's a complete camper, so you can trust he'll do everything possible to make this a great experience for all. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Al (IronButtAl on the forum) by way of a PM, or at his club email address > SEAD@cog-online.org <
This might be worth posting again, as it has been lost in the discussion here and there. Yup, a fire with adult beverages after the riding day is what we like.

IronButtAl said:
IronButtAl said:
Here's the latest national camping info that was just written by me for the rally web page. As I suspect the vast majority of campers will be from the SE area, I offer this info to our SE members and all.      Al

This might be worth posting again, as it has been lost in the discussion here and there. Yup, a fire with adult beverages after the riding day is what we like.

Heck yeah it is! Ya'll COG campers better ALL be in attendance Wednesday night for my birthday!

Dang Jen, if you're talking the 18th, it's my birthday, too!!  :beerchug:
See you there!

Ron

ron203 said:
Dang Jen, if you're talking the 18th, it's my birthday, too!!  :beerchug:
See you there!

Ron

Yes indeed. A big one, too, my 40th. I can't think of a better way to spend a birthday....

It's not like the SE riders need an excuse to party, but this will give the party some extra meaning. This will be fun......

We may have to arrange a shuttle from the hotel for this.

:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

SteveJ. said:
We may have to arrange a shuttle from the hotel for this.

:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

Bring Beer.  :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

Just Cliff said:

You have a point. Actually, two of them.  :rotflmao:

Waiting to hear the details about camping. I am half of a mind (normal condition) to cancel my hotel reservation and join the camping contingent.

But I also know what Bob and Matt mean about many wanting to stay at rally central because of the easy access to the evening festivities and the ease of just walking back to your room afterward.

I think we can work the shuttle thing out. This is, after all, the 25th anniversary National Rally event.  :great:

RALLY CAMPGROUND

The camping location is a short distance (8.2 mi) away from rally central by local roads or slab. This is the closest, most cost effective and suitable location that could be coordinated. This camping option is only a 10-15 minute ride away and will accommodate many RVs and even more tent campers at very reasonable rates.
Appalachian Fairgrounds
Lakeview Street, Gray, TN
Click here for map & directions >

Reservation information:

$20 / night RV hook up; includes water, sewer, and electric
    $15 / night/ tent. Includes shower usage.
    Campsite reservations must be be made by contacting:
    Jennifer Greenwell, Director of Sales
    Johnson City Convention & Visitors Bureau
    603 E. Market St., Johnson City, TN 37601
    Phone: 423-461-8007    Fax: 423-461-8047
    Greenwell@johnsoncitytnchamber.com

There are plans to provide a common fire pit, and fire wood. That’s an absolute must for the camping experience.

These all of the details available for camping at the national rally.

I've come to trust the rally committee to do their level best with camping.
Don't stress it; some worthy folks have already done that for us. Just do the one thing that camping requires: make up your mind to have a good time no matter what.

I emailed the camping guy, so will wait for more information.

If they have a pull-through site with electricity then I'm going to cancel my hotel reservation and go the camping route. I enjoy that more anyway, its always fun.

I love camping,i survive usually on 4 to 5 hrs sleep,so that means bed late and up early,nothing like watching the sun come up!

Meh, I am the old guy, if I stay up late its due to insomnia, not due to wanting to.  Then I can't wake up in the morning.

But I sure do like it when I wake up just before dawn, and have time to get a cup of coffee and go outside and watch daybreak happen.

Especially when camping.

http://concours.org/national/nationalrally2014/lodging#campground.

A reminder for all planing to take in the National Rally;
February 28 is the last day to get in on early registration and save $10.00
I'm impressed at the number of riders that want to camp so far, so we should have a really good crowd of fun loving riders. If you haven't camped with the SE riders yet, you might consider starting a training program to be able to keep up with us. The fire area will be established by the time you get to the campground, so if you're not a late night person, my suggestion would be to not be too close to this action area. It might make for a better night sleep.
I'll be in the campground on Thursday or Friday, so if you want to make this an extended stay, you'll have some company. We'll have the coffee station set up for daily use throughout the week, and I will bring plenty of coolers with ice for our common use. There will be a two burner gas stove for your use if you want to make some meals but don't want or have a stove to pack. I'm working to have a grill to use, and possibly we can do a burgers & dogs night together.  If you have any other suggestions or questions, please contact me.
Al Norcross ( IronButtAl )    sead@cog-online.org

Ok, reservations made. See y'all Sunday.  Talked to Jennifer Greenwell today from the JC CVB. There's another group there but leaving on Sunday. I will probably drop my camper on Saturday and come back on the bike on Sunday. I'd tent camp, but wifey might come up mid-week and refuses to sleep in a tent, but likes the camper.
Ron

You guys have fun. Although I have the hitch and electronic brake controller all hooked up for the TimeOut, I will not be on a motorcycle until the end of June, first of July.

Walking without a cane, almost no pain, but I can't ride until I am certain when I put the leg down at a stop it won't be too much for it, and until I can use it to support my weight while I mount the bike.

Was so looking forward to it.

kawcon14rider said:
Just checked the weather for Johnson City next week , looks like we had better have our rain fly ready.  :)

That looks like hit or miss T-Showers to me....  That's the same weather forecast everyday
all summer in the Southeast!!  But you know that...  ;)

JR said:
You guys have fun. Although I have the hitch and electronic brake controller all hooked up for the TimeOut, I will not be on a motorcycle until the end of June, first of July.

Walking without a cane, almost no pain, but I can't ride until I am certain when I put the leg down at a stop it won't be too much for it, and until I can use it to support my weight while I mount the bike.

;D  JR,  Bring the cage w/the timeout behind it.    ::) You don't want to miss this outing.    It won't be this big for 25 more years!!  ;) :'( ;) ;)  Plenty to do at hotel central ALL day even if you don't bring the bike.  COME ON DOWN!! :beerchug: :beerchug: :104: :pokestick: :021: :campfire: :06: :06:

Alan_Yucius_FL said:
JR said:

;D  JR,  Bring the cage w/the timeout behind it.    ::) You don't want to miss this outing.    It won't be this big for 25 more years!!  ;) :'( ;) ;)  Plenty to do at hotel central ALL day even if you don't bring the bike.  COME ON DOWN!! :beerchug: :beerchug: :104: :pokestick: :021: :campfire: :06: :06:

I think I posted elsewhere, but because of my extensive use of Medical Leave, the State will take all my accrued leave to pay the leave bank back. So I won't have any vacation days anyway.

After August 1st, my time is my own. Before, it belongs to the State.

Can't wait to see all of my SECOG camping friends. To make it easier for all, I'll be bringing the following;
2 burner Coleman stove, BIG cooler, my charcoal grill/smoker, and a fair supply of tools. Hammer for your stakes will be there, and a 12X12 easy up canopy. Anyone can us anything anytime. If you can think of anything else to make it more convenient or comfortable. please shoot me an email. See you soon gang.

Hello all, I have decided to go this year to the Silverdammit Rally at Johnson city. Better late than never I guess, will likely be leaving Orlando area Saturday Morning. Look forward to meeting all of you Southeast and Florida folks, some of you I have met at the Daytona chilli cookoff (was with Patrick and Greg) we rode over from Oviedo. Looking forward to having a great ride up and a good time at the rally. :beerchug:

jetmech said:
Hello all, I have decided to go this year to the Silverdammit Rally at Johnson city. Better late than never I guess, will likely be leaving Orlando area Saturday Morning. Look forward to meeting all of you Southeast and Florida folks, some of you I have met at the Daytona chilli cookoff (was with Patrick and Greg) we rode over from Oviedo. Looking forward to having a great ride up and a good time at the rally. :beerchug:

Well I reckon I'll get to meet you at the campground.

If the COG National is like a family reunion, then the campers are your cool, bad-ass cousins who always have fun, no matter what.

jetmech said:

Rick,

I'd be very careful when camping with these COGers. One minute they're your friends, the next they are drinking all your beverages and eating all your food. Bunch of low life Ne'er-do-wells they are. You've been warned.

MotoCommuter said:
jetmech said:

Rick,

I'd be very careful when camping with these COGers. One minute they're your friends, the next they are drinking all your beverages and eating all your food. Bunch of low life Ne'er-do-wells they are. You've been warned.

Not sure which side of the fence Kurt sits on here... :nananana:

Hate to miss another. Maybe I can make one in the future. Camping with the Al and the gang is as good as it gets. Maybe I can get a few of the new(4 if I counted right) Mississippi COGGERS to the Wolf.

Pastor Tyler

I figure we Need something to keep the skeeters away.
So, I told Rev he was in charge of bringing the Cheep ceegars.
He's really good at that.
Only-ist problem,,,, The ones he gets causes folks noses to collapse!

Departing Houston NOW.
See ya'll in Tennessee.........

Ride safe, Ted

I had another great time with all of the campers at the rally, and wouldn't want to have been anywhere else. Of the 52 campers from all over COG areas, the vast majority were from the SE , which was expected.
My thanks go out to Fireman Phil for building the fire pit and keeping the nightly burn going so well. To everyone who helped move picnic tables, brought back ice, and helped your fellow campers, you're all the best. A core group was at the fire after 2:00am for most of the nights, which is pretty typical of the SE riders, and of campers in general. We'll consider this training for the Wolf.
If I was brief or distant with you, please forgive me. I was dealing with some significant pain from a first time ever back injury. Spine X rays were good, but I'll be best friends with a chiropractic healer for the next three week. I have a stiff neck related to watching Doug's drone too much, but that sure was entertaining for us all.

That was some great camping! The Rally teams always do their best to choose the most appropriate spot, and this one was just fine.

I got up early Friday morning and took a bag to pick up trash around the fire. I couldn't find any! Nobody had left anything on the ground at all!

Al I know chiropractors help a lot of folks, but they didn't help me at all. What fixed my hurt back for good, was core training at the gym. Within a couple months of incorporating a few floor exercises to strengthen all around my core, I NEVER had back pain like that again. I might have some aches if I have to work bending over a long time, but no more deep-down, day-after-day hurting. Just a thought...

I want to know more about the drones! Start a thread, Doug!

Al you are the man when it comes to heading up the camping. Phil also deserves credit for the great job he did with the fire. Cathy and I had a great time. :great: :beerchug: :)

:iagree:  :You_Rock_Emoticon:  :pDT_Armataz_01_37:  :bravo_2:    :1rij:  :singing:  :campfire:      A big thanks goes to camp master Al and to all the campers that showed up to make it a VERY ENJOYABLE EXPERIENCE.   Hope to see ALL of you at RUN W/THE WOLF.  Be SAFE on the ROAD    ALAN in S. Fl :beerchug: :motonoises: :great: ;) :) :friends:

Was it me or was that drone thing flying around late at night around the tents? Woke me up and startled me, thought the space people were after me. Great fun, always fun camping, especially with the SE group. Wonder if the folks who slept in the cow barn will have some respiratory issues. ;D

Big thanks to Al and the rally team. I had a great time camping. Good camping  good roads. Good people.  What more to ask for.  Look forward to seeing you all at the RWTW rally. 

We didn't camp but we did spend some time at the Camping area.
I was the boozo that climbed on top of Bob's Motorhome during the Lightning storm to try to save his awning.              That was shocking!

Seemed like the group was having a great time! At that moment,,, I Wished I WAS THERE WITH YOU!!

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Jaw-juh,, bring yer Connie next year!!