• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

COG at Copper Harbor

LSGiant

Come join us June 10 - 12 for some great riding and beautiful sights in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We have 5 lakeside rooms set aside for us at the Bella Vista Motel. You must call for reservations before May 15th. The phone number is 906 289 4213. Be sure to mention you are with the Concours Owners Group.

Camping is available at Fort Wilkins State park (you will be on your own for those reservations)

We will create a more detailed schedule depending on attendees desires so please sign up on the COG calendar. http://tinyurl.com/js4u5p6

Links for the Hotel and State Park are listed below

http://www.bellavistamotel.com/

http://www.michigandnr.com/parksandtrails/Details.aspx?type=SPRK&id=419

I'll be keeping an eye on this, beautiful area, make sure you see lake of the clouds while up there.

I'm in. 
Probably going to stay at the campground, looks like its a short walk from the motel.

I have my reservations made at the campground. You can check it out on the calendar.

If you google the hotel location on Internet it will be incorrect. The hotel is right in town on the waterfront.

Subscribed.  Too early for me to commit - don't know what work will bring.  I wanted to do the National, but that ain't gonna happen. 

I made a trip up da U.P. last September - but never been to Copper Harbor. 

Just Curious why did you set this date so close to that National rally?    :017:

Also, I live in MI and I KNOW that the UP is cold in JUNE many years.  I would have voted to have it AFTER the National, in July sometime.
But that's just me - I Hate cold weather and Lake Superior is the coldest of the Great Lakes and a breeze off of it in June can be chilling.

I would like to have joined you, but not in June and not so close to the National.  :sorry:

SilverConnieRider said:
Just Curious why did you set this date so close to that National rally?    :017:

Also, I live in MI and I KNOW that the UP is cold in JUNE many years.  I would have voted to have it AFTER the National, in July sometime.
But that's just me - I Hate cold weather and Lake Superior is the coldest of the Great Lakes and a breeze off of it in June can be chilling.

I would like to have joined you, but not in June and not so close to the National.  :sorry:

As to why - When I became AAD for Minnesota I started having planning session every year in January. The group gets together and goes through the calendar month by month. We were aware that it was close to the National. It was considered an alternative for some that could not make the national and others thought they would do both.

As to the weather I have been in Copper Harbor all the months except November through March.  The weather has always been a crap shoot. This group has been to Copper Harbor in September so they are aware the possible challenges. (We are from Minnesota) The group had other commitments for the middle summer months, also it was more than likely to late to get lodging for the peak summer months. As I made my camping reservation a lot of the spots were already gone.

For those of you who would like to go in 2017 please send me a PM that you would like to be the event leader and I will get you hooked up with Hotel and Campground when I am up there in June.

I made the September ride there - it was colder than I expected at times.  I just bought a large coat there to wear over my gear :)  You do what you gotta do.  It's a beautiful area and I'd go back in a heartbeat.  Not sure if I'll make this weekend though.  I have a lot of rides scheduled this summer already including the national.

The Hotel finally called me back and reservations are made for Friday & Sat. night.
Awesome COG discount.
On thing for sure, the weather will be better than it is this morning...12 degrees.

I am going to try and make it.  I know I probably can't make national so this will be a good chance to get together.

If you plan to attend and stay at the hotel please contact them.  I will need to release the rooms in the next couple of days.

Tundra Tom said:
Bump...Only 6 have signed up for this......

Thanks for doing this Tom - Copper Harbor was one of the nicest trips I've taken on the bike.  Make sure and go to the top of Brockway mountain.

talcon said:
Tundra Tom said:
Bump...Only 6 have signed up for this......

Thanks for doing this Tom - Copper Harbor was one of the nicest trips I've taken on the bike.  Make sure and go to the top of Brockway mountain.

This ride is all Jeff K's fault...er idea. ;D Really looking forward to riding there with the better half, it's a nice ride from our place. Hopeful some other can make it too.

Got one more today. He was able to get a spot at the campground. I would bet there are spots at the hotel also.

It is also free fishing and off road riding weekend so bring your fishing pole and dual sport bike if you got em.

If you are coming please just email me I will send out a proposed schedule of events some time soon.

I got a campsite yesterday and there were still a lot of spots left (east and west campgrounds).  I'll be leaving from the twin cities area if anyone is interested in group riding up let me know.

likesbikes said:
Tundra Tom said:
Awesome! I almost wish we were camping now. Brian Mack can't make it. Randy?
Do you have a spare room available now? If so I'm your huckleberry.

Randy, I for sure would but Carol Lynn is riding up with me.
Don't let that stop you from making the trip!

Sent all the known and possible attendees an email with the details. If you did not get it post up and I will follow up and see what happened.

LSGiant said:
Sent all the known and possible attendees an email with the details. If you did not get it post up and I will follow up and see what happened.

I'm a possible-possible still debating if I can handle the ride up from Milwaukee and back without taking off work.

SubCool said:
LSGiant said:

I'm a possible-possible still debating if I can handle the ride up from Milwaukee and back without taking off work.

What time are you guys starting off Sat. and where are you heading ?

Thanks Everybody for attending

P6110462-M.jpg

Wished I could have joined the fun.  I was on baby watch for grandson #6 and sure enough he was born Thursday night.  We pick our priorities and this time I made the right choice  :)