• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

COG Christmas Party at Charlie's

danodemotoman said:
OK, I am registered!  :))
Is it potluck again?  :s_good:

I will fire up the smoker and do some meat, possibly some salmon as well, and if folks can bring along some side dishes and desserts we can have another great time.

Charlie is going to make it a rockin' good time...
Be sure to put it on your calender for a fun time to see friends during the holidays and
(possibly) riding down time.

:celebrate: :dance: :celebrate:

BUMPING FOR A REMINDER...
                          FOR A FUN TIME...
                                          GO TO CHARLIES!

:103:                        :a035:                    :singing:

I'm hoping that I can make it......I won't get that schedule until the 11th, so no way for me to know :mad:

OK, there's only three weeks to go, and two people besides me are registered.  Please don't make me spend the Holidays alone...... :'(

Charlie, remember it is the coggers that do attend that make it fun...
                                          :cheer:                      :72:

Sounds like fun Charlie, I wish I could make it but I just can't...  :(

Have a great time though guys & gals!  :beerchug:

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
OK, there's only three weeks to go, and two people besides me are registered.  Please don't make me spend the Holidays alone...... :'(

OK, managed to massage my "Friendly Skies" schedule.  We'll be there.  We're registered.    :beerchug:

I look forward to seeing you two.  It looks like it will be a smaller gathering this year, and my wife is very much OK with that.  What should I put in the smoker?  Last year was pork loin.  We can do salmon, we can do beef, we can do pork again, or we can do a combination of stuff.  Any suggestions?

Charlie,
do we have to show up on our Connies???  the ice makes me a bit nervous as I have memories of wiping out many times on a bicycle on the ice as a kid.
Brian

dbu said:
Charlie,
do we have to show up on our Connies???  the ice makes me a bit nervous as I have memories of wiping out many times on a bicycle on the ice as a kid.
Brian

If you show up on a connie you'll score points for having big brass ones, but nobody expects it.  Just showing up is all I hope for.

I drove the cage last year  :(  and Charlie still opened the door for me! LOL!
Was it Pat & Patie who rode in last year from? Salem?

I just may be able to make this one. I have PTO to burn, so I could drive/RIDE up Friday stay at my sisters, and hit the party Saturday.  :beerchug:

Pat and Patti AND Dan, from the Portland area. On my way home the next day, I remember thinking that I hoped that they weren't experiencing what I was. They were, but an hour or so behind. Not this year.

OK, we're one week away from the festivities.  Time to set a menu.  Please let me know if the following items are good or bad ideas.

spicy, and I do mean spicy pinto beans with chunks of some kind of pork

smoked salmon

smoked beef, most likely flank steak

pot stickers, a.k.a. gyoza

meat, cheese and crackers tray

That's what I can think of off the top of my head.  Folks are welcome to bring side dishes, salads, desserts and/or other entrees as they see fit.

As Number 5 would say, "Need input".

What say ye?

Thought I was going to be able to make this, but it looks like I will be replacing a fuel pump in my truck tomorrow. Merry Christmas everyone.

Have a good time,

I rather be replacing a carb than what I'm going to be doing tomorrow ....car shopping with the wife .

The smoker is lit!  There's a flank steak inside, absorbing some mesquite smoke.  Tomorrow morning it comes out, and around noon the salmon chunks given to me by my neighbor will go in and be smoked with cherry.  The non-spicy beans are simmering in the crock pot, and tomorrow afternoon about half of them will come out and be spicified in a pan on the stove.  Nancy is bringing deviled eggs, and hopefully some others will bring some tasty side dishes and desserts.  I sense a good time is in store for anybody who dares to show their face. :06:

Wishing Fun to Charlie and all of the PNW Coggers that attended!!
:whoo:

[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=12pt]sorry I could not be there this year.[/size][/size]
???

Another one in the books.  For those who made it, we had a great time enjoying good food and good conversation, and everybody went home with the swag of their choice.  For those who didn't make it, all I can say is you missed out.  Now it's bed time. :a012:

I had a good time at the party, missed a few from last year. Trying out that new COG cup this morning, worth the drive. Anyone up for a New Years ride maybe chime in on a new thread, weather dependant. Thanks for hosting and especially the swag Charlie and of course the wife.

Yeah, I wish I could have made it but a bit to far. I just went ahead and went to my old departments party and got to make fun of some people who drank a little too much. I'm sure Charlie's would have been better because I've had to eat a bunch of anti acid all day. It must have been the Christmas cookies.  ???

Charley,

Thanks for making the effort to host a COG party.  We enjoyed coming out, and meeting your wife too!  (Sp?  ::)    )Nice to keep the spirit alive during the darkest hours.  :eek:

(Will have to wait on the axle pictures.  Still struggling with the "destroyed house” and bikes are hard to get to among all the belongings in the garage temporarily piled to the ceiling.)

I'll plan on hosting a ride WX permitting March or April.  Maybe down to South Bend for barbecued oysters.

Thanks again Charlie and Mrs. Charlie. The grandson was maybe the most enjoyable participant!
Good eating, I arrived with empty hands but left happy and satisfied stomach!
Looking to use the 'talking air gauge' soon! Nice 'door prizes'.

Sounds like you folks had a great time, sorry I couldn't make it.  :(

Any pics from the party someone can post up?  ???