• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

COG Northeast Fall Rally 2013 - Lake George NY

I was really looking forward to this one, but the 28th is my anniversary.  If I can only convince the wife to go or have her throw me out of the house for that weekend.  >:D

I haven't received the e-mail from the Motel Montreal yet but this is the deal as agreed at Americade.  Rooms will be $47.50 per night for three night stay.  Shorter stay will have a higher rate.  The WIFI system has been upgraded and is now included in the room rate.  As soon as I get the e-mail with the details I'll pass it on.  :)

Want me to send her some photos of our day Antiquing? That ought to get you thrown out of the house....

Brian

Gigantor said:
I was really looking forward to this one, but the 28th is my anniversary.  If I can only convince the wife to go or have her throw me out of the house for that weekend.  >:D

Excellent. Is the meal at the same place, 64 'easy walkin' miles down the road, uphill both ways? Or is it going to be a little further from the hotel, just past 'heart attack' distance?

So the WIFI is all solid- state now? No more vacuum tubes?  :-\

Last year was a good time, including hanging out under the covered parking lot in the rain. We should be able to make this one again. Thanks for putting this on.... again.

Brian

Terrynyc said:
I haven't received the e-mail from the Motel Montreal yet but this is the deal as agreed at Americade.  Rooms will be $47.50 per night for three night stay.  Shorter stay will have a higher rate.  The WIFI system has been upgraded and is now included in the room rate.  As soon as I get the e-mail with the details I'll pass it on.  :)

Gigantor said:

Maybe a compromise? To keep peace in the house. Bring the wife in the GT! Yeah you don't get to ride, but spending a little quality time driving around Lake George with the top down wouldn't be so bad. And you still get to see us hoodlums in the free time. Plus for $49 a night for three nights in lake George with your bride. Where else can you go that's so nice for so reasonably priced?    :)

Cap'n Bob said:
Gigantor said:
Maybe a compromise? To keep peace in the house. Bring the wife in the GT! Yeah you don't get to ride, but spending a little quality time driving around Lake George with the top down wouldn't be so bad. And you still get to see us hoodlums in the free time. Plus for $49 a night for three nights in lake George with your bride. Where else can you go that's so nice for so reasonably priced?    :)
"Oh look, honey!  It seems that there's a motorcycle gathering here, too!"  :rotflmao:

You mean 'ole 'one-eye'? She can't still be mad, do you think? Gee, maybe I ought not order anything liquid.... or layered.... or with any kind of topping.... maybe I should just bring a bag- lunch and eat outside on the curb where it is safe. As I remember there was a small bit 'o trouble with the guy carving the roast beef too. Yep, bag lunch for me.... brought from RI although there are some restaurants around here I have to wear a disguise to get into as well.

I spoke to Kirby about this and he agrees with me that none of this is my fault, it is your fault. And by 'your', I mean all of you- the whole rest of the planet. Talking with Kirby always makes me feel better- I wonder if he should chat with that waitress in NY?

Brian

Cap'n Bob said:
I bet the waitress may not share your enthusiasm.    :))

Terrynyc said:

$47.50 a night for a room with heat and a toilet in Lake George, NY...... that's crazy talk I tell you, just crazy!
:)
jason

gsjay said:
Terrynyc said:

$47.50 a night for a room with heat and a toilet in Lake George, NY...... that's crazy talk I tell you, just crazy!
jason

That's what now call "Kaplitz prices"

To save any uncomfortable memories and or disguises being necessary Scott is going to check into some alternate venues in town.  But just in case we will have a selection of false beards, mustaches, and women's clothes available if necessary..... ;)

How do I do this,my two favorate riding places at the same time? The Spring Fling and COG in Canaan both the last weekend of Sept. I bet that BDF is behind this just to screw with my head.

Those rooms had toilets? Nobody told me! Now I feel really bad about using that bottom drawer in the dresser....

Brian

gsjay said:
jason

First of all, whatever you think I did it was really Kirby.

Secondly, I don't think even Kirby (and he really is quite devious) can move the spring to the fall.

Brian

wayne_jenkins_CT said:
  See what I mean, it's the FALL Rally NOT the Spring Fling! Boy ,BDF is good!

JR said:
Sounds like fun, sorry I'll miss it. Actually sorry I'm basically missing 2013....  :truce: :-[

It's 2013? what happened to 2012?

I (and the family) are looking forward to another great Lake George rally in the fall.  :great:

Bob I like the way you think, I'm still working on her trying to convince her to go.  When I said lets go to Lake George for our anniversary she said great, when I told her that's where the Fall Rally will be she said she'd think about it.  I was thinking of springing it on her once we got there but I didn't want to sleep face down in the pool.  ???

Either way you can't beat it for $47.50 a night.

As far as BDF goes we should get the wait staff goalie masks for protection.

Want me to get Kirby to give her a call?

I don't think goalie masks would do- more like fencing masks to keep the small stuff out of the eyes. Besides, wait staff always looks better in fencing masks.

The Fall Rally won't be the same without you Alex- I'll still toss stuff at you but if you are not there it won't be nearly as much fun I suspect.

Brian

Gigantor said:
Bob I like the way you think, I'm still working on her trying to convince her to go.  When I said lets go to Lake George for our anniversary she said great, when I told her that's where the Fall Rally will be she said she'd think about it.  I was thinking of springing it on her once we got there but I didn't want to sleep face down in the pool.  ???

Either way you can't beat it for $47.50 a night.

As far as BDF goes we should get the wait staff goalie masks for protection.

I stayed at the Motel Montreal two years ago at the end of Sept., it wasn't to bad.  They did charge extra for Wi-Fi service and if I remember right the service(wi-fi) sucked.-lol

Fred

Fred_Wa2gzw said:
I stayed at the Motel Montreal two years ago at the end of Sept., it wasn't to bad.  They did charge extra for Wi-Fi service and if I remember right the service(wi-fi) sucked.-lol

Fred

I think it was said that Wi-Fi is upgraded and included now. But not the most luxurious accommodations. But clean and decent enough for what we needed. And they were pretty good to us. The price is right and location is very good.

After living in that Area for 10 years and riding every road many times and having a boat on Lake George and hiking the High Peak area if have to chose between there and West Va I think I will chose West Va. See you there!

susan and i are in!! after the meet & greet in rhode island today, decided we need to spend more time with this group!!! :)) :beerchug: :great: :motonoises:

631rmercer said:
susan and i are in!! after the meet & greet in rhode island today, decided we need to spend more time with this group!!! :)) :beerchug: :great: :motonoises:

Good call! They are the BEST group of people to hang out with. We sure miss all the NE riders.

631rmercer said:

Roger and Susan, it was great meeting you at the RI meet n greet.  Looking forward to seeing you at the Lake George Rally.

Greg Habel said:
631rmercer said:

Roger and Susan, it was great meeting you at the RI meet n greet.  Looking forward to seeing you at the Lake George Rally.

It was great to meet you and Tracey as well. Looking forward to getting to know everyone!! Great group for sure!!!  :beerchug:

OK folks I'm gonna have to shake the tree a bit and get things moving.  Still haven't got the email from the motel yet with the final details.  Stay tuned

Never fear!  All is well!  Just got the email so here goes......

Motel Montreal, 3 Lake Avenue, Lake George, NY, 12845
518-668-5439, email is Innkeeper@LakeGeorgeMotelMontreal.com

Rates are $47.50 per night with 3 night stay.  Please make sure to mention you're with the group.  Rooms will be held till Sept 7th.

They're on the web if you didn't come up for the last one. You can check it out at www.lakegeorgemotelmontreal.com.

K folks as Jason would say.......START BOOKIN' DEM ROOMS!

Thanks Terry! 
Our reservations are made!  BDF, Mr Elkhoof & I Look forward to seeing everyone there!  :great:

Andrea

andreaF said:
Thanks Terry! 
Our reservations are made!  BDF, Mr Elkhoof & I Look forward to seeing everyone there!  :great:

Andrea

Everyone loves Mr Elkhoof!  He's not much of a conversationalist, but he just lights up a room with his prescence! ;)

I'll get the passport renewed and will most likely attend... You all need someone to make fun of! ;)

:))

And you have not even seem him do his math trick where he can multiply any two numbers together and give the answer by stamping one foot (!) on the ground until he gets to the right number. Works every single time. Kirby and I are always amazed when we see him do this....

Brian

Terrynyc said:
Everyone loves Mr Elkhoof!  He's not much of a conversationalist, but he just lights up a room with his prescence! ;)

BDF said:
And you have not even seem him do his math trick where he can multiply any two numbers together and give the answer by stamping one foot (!) on the ground until he gets to the right number. Works every single time. Kirby and I are always amazed when we see him do this....

Brian

Terrynyc said:

Wow so talented and handsome to boot! :)

Down through Lake placid today and over to Point Henry. The roads are looking pretty good. The bike kept wanting to head south.
Fall rally fever!

Registered and reservations made. We're (the family) is looking forward to Lake George in September.
:dance:

We are in, Just made the reservations and finished the registration. Looking forward to
this event and enjoying the beautiful area and great COG company.  :motonoises:  :beerchug:

631rmercer said:
just got back from our wellsborro pa trip and went to book our room for this event and no rooms available!!!!  :mad: :'( ???

I suspect the person you spoke to is wrong.  Did you happen to mention you were part of the COG Rally that weekend?  I think we blocked all the rooms.

When I booked the room yesterday (right before I posted). He told me something like 6 rooms are booked so far. And he's giving out preference of rooms on first come, first served basis. But I did mentioned it was the COG rally right off the bat.

Whew! :-\

Gave me a bit of a fright there!  Remember folks let em know you're with COG when you call.  ;)

:)Looking forward to this event, and at last meeting a few more members, ride safe and see you in Lake George.

Wayne_Sikorski said:
Signed up, will be making hotel reservation later today. No liquor Jeep this time around, though.

Don't worry Wayne we'll have Scotty's liquor jeep on hand!  :beerchug:

oh yeah I'm registered for the fall rally  :) & just have to call & book a room when I get up later & I'm bringin my wife so I guess I might have to behave  :'( & ah hell no that's not goin to happen & I may have to pack my thong to run around the pool & parkin lot maybe!!! hahaha  ;)

Silver Wolf said:
oh yeah I'm registered for the fall rally  :) & just have to call & book a room when I get up later & I'm bringin my wife so I guess I might have to behave  :'( & ah hell no that's not goin to happen & I may have to pack my thong to run around the pool & parkin lot maybe!!! hahaha  ;)

Hoo boy!  My nipples hurt already!  :-\

Don't ask........ :))

Hotel reservation made!

Nice software set up they have there. Told him my name and he said that he remembered me from a couple of years ago. Guessing that the caller ID pulled my info from the database and displayed it on his terminal.  ;D

Tracey and I are all signed up and will be rooming with Pat and Sher Mulloy.
Tracey will be arriving on Thursday and I'll be showing up on Friday night in time for the shenanigans.

Wayne_Sikorski said:
Hotel reservation made!

Nice software set up they have there. Told him my name and he said that he remembered me from a couple of years ago. Guessing that the caller ID pulled my info from the database and displayed it on his terminal.  ;D

The scary part is that it still had my credit card number from two years ago.  :eek:  But it made it easy to make the reservations though.

Yeah, for both of us.... Thanks Bob!

:-\ :D

Brian

Cap'n Bob said:
The scary part is that it still had my credit card number from two years ago.  :eek:  But it made it easy to make the reservations though.

Ughh, looks like a family commitment precludes us from partaking in this years NE Fall Rally :mad:.
NER is planning a Lake George trip earler in September, may have to see if that can be fitted in instead.
Have a good time.

Well, I was holding off from registering and reserving a room.  Now it looks like I'd have to be really lucky to make it.  Got promoted and I start at a different one of our state's finest correctional facilities on Monday.  (One of the four that they just announced are closing next year.  :-[ )  So it isn't likely that I will have that weekend off.  But I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  The place I will be working isn't too far down the road from Lake George, so maybe I can at least stop in one of the days and say "Hi."

Outback Jon said:
Well, I was holding off from registering and reserving a room.  Now it looks like I'd have to be really lucky to make it.  Got promoted and I start at a different one of our state's finest correctional facilities on Monday.  (One of the four that they just announced are closing next year.  :-[ )  So it isn't likely that I will have that weekend off.  But I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  The place I will be working isn't too far down the road from Lake George, so maybe I can at least stop in one of the days and say "Hi."

Uh...congratulations?!?  Kinda....sorta?  Hope you can at least stop by bro and welcome to the world of front line supervision!  Former sgt/patrol supervisor for 10 yrs in the NYPD! ;)

Terrynyc said:
Outback Jon said:
Uh...congratulations?!?  Kinda....sorta?  Hope you can at least stop by bro and welcome to the world of front line supervision!  Former sgt/patrol supervisor for 10 yrs in the NYPD! ;)
Well, the bike's going to be racking up the miles this fall.  77 miles each way.  ($35/day in gas if I take the Trailblazer - I think it will be getting replaced soon!)

This promotion messed up the vacation that I was supposed to start tomorrow morning.  And at least two planned motorcycle weekends.  I'll be really making an effort to at least stop in at both of those weekends, though.  The other one is happening in Saratoga, so they're both fairly local to the jail.

Looking forward to it Terry. Not sure if we  have hotel rooms yet or not but we are registered (or is it the other way around?). Either way, we'll be there and if no room we'll send Mr. Elkhoof to batter down the door to someone else's room.

Brian

Terrynyc said:
K folks we're in  the home stretch now!  Book dem rooms and register!

BDF said:
Looking forward to it Terry. Not sure if we  have hotel rooms yet or not but we are registered (or is it the other way around?). Either way, we'll be there and if no room we'll send Mr. Elkhoof to batter down the door to someone else's room.

Brian

K kewl!  I'll bring some popcorn sounds like good clean COG fun!

Looking really good for us right now.  The stars are aligning.  Official registration is imminent.

I heard a rumor that HVMP will be donating a pair of bar end weights as a door prize.  I will check with the CEO.

JohnnyLunchBox said:
Looking really good for us right now.  The stars are aligning.  Official registration is imminent.

I heard a rumor that HVMP will be donating a pair of bar end weights as a door prize.  I will check with the CEO.

I met those folks at HVMP more than once before. Nice folks.  :great:

Cap'n Bob said:
JohnnyLunchBox said:

:iagree:

S Smith said:
Cap'n Bob said:
JohnnyLunchBox said:

:iagree:

:iagree:    second!

The heavy bar end weights from HVMP are the first farkle I ever got. I can't remember if I got them at a National or a NE rally event.

It was like a drug deal, he took them out of a bag and we exchanged money for bar end weights.  :-X

Have not yet signed up but will VERY SOON and am really looking forward to this shindig!

Tom Taylor COG#7173

Mad River Marc said:
I REALLY wish I could come, but I burned up all my vacation time coming to the National :(

No doubt. But do not feel bad, I have, and will continue until Spring 2014, burned up all my vacation time, all my sick time, all my comp time on hospital stays and recovery time. I would have much rather burned it up riding.

Hey is the swimmin pool goin to be open this year as I brought a new suit just for the rally!!!  ;)

Hey Terry just wear a chest protector & cup & you should be OK maybe!!! :))

plus I have to remember to pick up some of those little cigars from the smoke shop here this time to hand out to whoever wants 1 of them!!!  :)

Looks like I might make it after all.  Should know in a day or two, once the lieutenant  bothers to do the time-off slips.  Likely just Friday and Saturday nights, though.

Although I might have some eye trouble on Thursday.  "Sorry, I just can't see myself coming to work..."  :nananana:

connieklr said:
Committed. Registered and room booked. Long ride, for sure, but well worth it. Luv it up there.  :))

... and it will be great to see you again.

K folks after much wrestling we seem to have gotten the routes and route sheets squared away.  Many thanks to our grand poobah Steve Smith!  Make sure to download the latest gps/route zip file and delete the old ones.  Unless you like Garmin's creative routing on the originals.  Note to self.....always zoom in and check the WHOLE route before posting! :)

They can be found in the library in the NE Area Ride and Event info section, under Lake George, NY Ride Suggestion Sheets & GPS.

Terry & Scott have put some great sample routes together over the years, exploring different areas of the Adirondacks and neighboring VT.  Be sure to look through all the files stashed away in the ZIP file. The contents represent the boys  collective works.  The "new" GPS routes have accompanying sheets in an Excel file that can be printed out.  Other routes have matching sheets.  There is a new VT notch hopping route that includes a ferry ride return to NY.

K folks coming down to the two week warning here.  Get registered and book them rooms!

Don't forget the electrics either! :))

Got back from an 11 hour round trip, trip over to WV for lunch at Rella's yesterday, and figured I'd get the bike up on the lift for a good looksee and an oil/filter change prior to heading north. Wouldn't ya know, found that the rear brake was dragging somewhat..... and it wouldn't free up.

Looks like (another) rebuild is in order..... which has been a ritual with this bike every 2-3 years. For whatever reason, moisture seems to work its way into the caliper bores and causes corrosion that impedes free piston movement. Usually it's the fronts, but this time the rear. Parts are on order and they should be here in time for me to fix the freakin' thing. If push comes to shove, I have a 2002 parts bike I can rob parts off to get the bike ready for the trip.

Always something, but guess ya gotta do what ya gotta do.  :)

connieklr said:
Based on temps up that way last night, definitely bringing my long-johns.  :))
I was riding up in the Saratoga area this weekend.  Pretty chilly in the mornings,  but no frost.  (Yet!) 

Well, I was a couple of days past the cut-off date, but they still took my reservation at the group rate.

So, I've got a room to share if someone is looking for a roommate.

Outback Jon,
I may want to take you up on that room share. Wont know for sure for a couple more days though.
Matt

Looking forward to it Jerry. Assume Kat will be coming too??
[/quote]
Yea, I will drag her ass with me. Will be in cage, MC days are over for me...... Sad, but it had to come. Still can enjoy the club and the people.

Jerry Gowen said:
Looking forward to it Jerry. Assume Kat will be coming too??

Yea, I will drag her a** with me. Will be in cage, MC days are over for me...... Sad, but it had to come. Still can enjoy the club and the people.

I'm happy just to see you guys! At least one of ya!!!!  :)

Great- now subtitle all your posts with your 'old' name so we know who you are 'cause I don't.

Brian

P.S. Two things: 1) that was three years well spent and 2) the average time to figure that out is somewhat less; did you have any particular difficulty?  :rotflmao:

Sailor Rich said:
>:D I've been wanting to do that for 3 years and just figured out how.  :beerchug: