• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

COG Store

Gypsy JR

Red Dry Wick short sleeve t-shirts back in stock after being virtually sold out the first day of the 2012 National Rally. $20 and up depending on size.

Heather Gray and Dusk Blue short sleeve t-shirts should be back in stock within a week.

Baseball Caps (all colors) are all back in stock again, after selling out at the National.

I am going to add another color in Dry Wick t-shirts, thinking of dark blue but open to suggestions.

I was going to buy a cap at the nationals.  Next time I turned around they were all gone.

Funny they do not want to sell cog stuff next year.  I think about ordering stuff online all year and never do.  I see it on the table at the nationals and I bought two shirts and would have gotten a cap.  Now lets see if I go order that hat now...

I buy way too much stuff when it's sitting in front of me at the table. At least when I buy remotely, I have to do less impulse buying. And now I think not having the store keeper right down the road any more will help as well. I guess it doesn't matter since there isn't much COG stuff that I don't seem to have.  :))

turbojoe78_MA said:
Where can I find the web address for the cog store?

-click on member links on the black tool bar towards the top of the page.
-click on cog on line store down at the bottom of the menu for member links.
-shop

The reason you can not link easy to the store is it is in the member only area.  You have to sign in as a member to get there.  Once you are signed in any link you supply has your member tag on it and using such a link will confuse the system.  Use the path to get there suggested above.

I saw your order, it will ship Monday coming.

I'd ship it today but I am not moving about well today so going to lay up.

Cap'n Bob said:
turbojoe78_MA said:
Where can I find the web address for the cog store?

That would be to easy.

-click on member links on the black tool bar towards the top of the page.
-click on cog on line store down at the bottom of the menu for member links.
-shop

That saved me some money

JR said:
Red Dry Wick short sleeve t-shirts back in stock after being virtually sold out the first day of the 2012 National Rally. $20 and up depending on size.

Heather Gray and Dusk Blue short sleeve t-shirts should be back in stock within a week.

Baseball Caps (all colors) are all back in stock again, after selling out at the National.

I am going to add another color in Dry Wick t-shirts, thinking of dark blue but open to suggestions.

That's because the group I was riding with all bought one for our 4 state ride LOL

Ok, got another box from the t-shirt people around 6pm last night. Haven't opened it yet. Long sleeve black t-shirts are due to be shipped today. Sorry for delays, once I replenish store we'll be back to normal.  :-[

I now have a wholesale account at Polar Bear Coolers. So for instance, the Ice-N-Go insulin cooler I purchased yesterday will in the future be available at wholesale prices if you contact me and ask me to order for you. I will be putting a couple items in the COG store, so if they are there, you can order that way, and if not, let me know and I'll add it.

Watch for the Ice-N-Go and some other Polar Bear items in the coming week in the store.

I can have the COG gear logo added for anything they sell (pretty much) for an additional $5 or so, awaiting details. On something like the Ice-N-Go it will be embroidered, on coolers and mugs and such, screen printed.

In 2013, Columbia Sportswear is coming out with a radical new cooling t-shirt which will keep skin temperature a minimum of 10 degrees cooler than shirt temperature.

I am waiting for a reply to see if I can establish a wholesale relationship with Columbia for Freeze Zero products in 2013, and/or products in general.

If we can work it out, will post the result.

Conversy said:
Sounds great!  You have my vote for "Merchant of The Year." 

I appreciate that, even though I am going to be the only merchant in contention.

Just trying find ways to bring more value to the COG store.

Got a bunch of orders packed and shipping labels attached for Monday, tonight, thanks to a shipment from the vendor. Still don't have some items, and I just sent a large order to same vendor to replenish more items I found in short supply.

Hopefully I'll get around to a physical inventory soon, but work and trips (got a fun 3-day coming up, then Dog-Days not long after that) keep sapping my will to do MORE WORK when I get home. LOL.

Stupid depression and PTSD aren't helping much either, think I need to make an appointment with my shrink at the VA Medical Center and get my meds changed or something.

I have added the Polar Bear Coolers Ice-N-Go with remote thermometer to the COG store for $55.00 plus shipping. This is a $20 discount from their retail web price.

I am using one for myself, which I purchased prior to having a wholesale account with them, because they really keep your insulin at about 46 degrees for 12 hours in 100 degree heat.

Mark should consider getting a 12-pack version and quit using his endless pockets for his role as Beer Fairy. I'd be glad to get him one, or larger, at wholesale cost.

Soon I will have the ability to have the COG gear embroidered on the front of the lid, and will offer it in the store as a seperate item you can order. I don't have much control over what they charge but I think its only $10 which is not bad. Or you could sew / glue a COG patch on yourself.

ice-n-go.jpg

Cool info. What's the story on the Cafepress store? Never heard of it before.

Hope you get to feeling better.
Ron

Ahhhh... the CafePress story....
Once upon a time....
The COG Merchandise Coordinator/Officer/Czar before me had his basement flood. Couldn't really wash and dry all the merchandise to be sold as new and it takes time to order, print and ship replacements. So, the CafePress store was created. At least that's how I remember it.

It's kinda a stand alone thing, it runs itself and makes like maybe $50 a year for the club. I know I never updated it, I don't believe Sue did either. What JR has planned for it.... Hmmmmmmm  >:D

JR said:
Mark should consider getting a 12-pack version and quit using his endless pockets for his role as Beer Fairy. I'd be glad to get him one, or larger, at wholesale cost.
I think a beer ball backpack might be more appropriate for Mark, though it is quite amazing how many beers he pulls out of those pockets!

Interesting Dave. Maybe I missed it, but it  seemed to have some unique gear on there. Right/not?

yes.. lots of unique stuff...

When it was my sandbox to play in, I decided not to change anything. All the merchandise had the older logo's on it. I wanted the official member store to have all the new logo's. I've been told that the quality of the CafePress merchandise (apparel) is not as good as what the store carries, both the screening and the clothes themselves. Another little sticking point for me was the profit side of things. The CafePress site is there for people to make money. The prices are set for the lowest "profit" point available. I was told that since our club is not-for-profit, to sell our merchandise at break even prices. It becomes a benefit for our members (that's why, even though you see both member and non-member pricing in our official store, it's for members only).

That was years ago, I'm not sure how these crazy kids are running the farm now-a-days. But I'm pretty sure we're in good hands  :13:

Camper Dave said:
yes.. lots of unique stuff...

When it was my sandbox to play in, I decided not to change anything. All the merchandise had the older logo's on it. I wanted the official member store to have all the new logo's. I've been told that the quality of the CafePress merchandise (apparel) is not as good as what the store carries, both the screening and the clothes themselves. Another little sticking point for me was the profit side of things. The CafePress site is there for people to make money. The prices are set for the lowest "profit" point available. I was told that since our club is not-for-profit, to sell our merchandise at break even prices. It becomes a benefit for our members (that's why, even though you see both member and non-member pricing in our official store, it's for members only).

That was years ago, I'm not sure how these crazy kids are running the farm now-a-days. But I'm pretty sure we're in good hands  :13:

The only change I made to the COG Store from how it has run at least the last 5 years is a) put the red dry wick t-shirts in (which Sue originally had made), and b) put the Polar Bear Ice-N-Go in at essentially wholesale price plus enough to cover shipping to the store.

So yes, the COG store is still capable of running in the red if I don't manage shipping costs appropriately.