• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Colorado Conclave last Sunday 6th Oct

cafet100

Mini Bike
Hi I rode down to Arvada CO to see this annual event which had been postponed due to the floods. I rode down with a bunch of 1960's Triumphs and a Norton Atlas. Lots of our planned route was diverted, small creek bridges out as well as larger ones.

Lots of bikes from Triumphs to Ariel Square 4s, old Jags, Landrovers and a great bunch of people. Did not see any other Concours riders but people arrived all sorts of modern and vintage bikes and cars.

I hope to touch base with other Concours owners in N. Colorado, or Wyoming. Anybody out there? http://www.thecoloradoconclave.com/

Hey Pat. The CO AAD for the SW area is Brad Smotherman AKA CRocker on the forum. I think he's living large right now hangin' with Clooney in Italy or maybe it's France. The other's are also known as the CO Bruces and I'm sure a few will chime in here.

Old Man on a Connie said:
The other's are also known as the CO Bruces and I'm sure a few will chime in here.

Hmmm.  I don't recall The Bruces having limited them selves to a particular state, But Bruce has been known to be wrong.
This Bruce has been busy prepping house A for sale so he can relocate to house B in the not too distant future (larger toy box included!).
Pat - didn't know anything about said ride - but probably wouldn't have been able to attend anywho... Sounds fun though!
Aside from that, anything named a Conclave sounds a bit to close to a religious event.  And I avoid those at all costs.

OMC - you know it snowed here last Friday?  WTF?  I'm not ready for that kind of weather just yet.

notsluggo said:
The other's are also known as the CO Bruces and I'm sure a few will chime in here.

Hmmm.  I don't recall The Bruces having limited them selves to a particular state, But Bruce has been known to be wrong.
This Bruce has been busy prepping house A for sale so he can relocate to house B in the not too distant future (larger toy box included!).
Pat - didn't know anything about said ride - but probably wouldn't have been able to attend anywho... Sounds fun though!
Aside from that, anything named a Conclave sounds a bit to close to a religious event.  And I avoid those at all costs.

OMC - you know it snowed here last Friday?  WTF?  I'm not ready for that kind of weather just yet.
The Bruces are a mysterious lot. I've heard the initiation is quite involved. Still reviewing hotel video RE: the great grip warmer conspiracy. Snow? What is this weather phenomena you speak of?  :)) :)) :))

notsluggo said:

It was the religion of British motor metal!