• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Colorado Front Range Spring ride or tech day?

Let's get the Front Range COG'ers together in April prior to the SW Rally in Prescott. Would you rat

• have a tech day for oil changes, tire changes or any other misc. maintenance?

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • just go for a ride together somewhere?

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • have a tech day and a ride?

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • just stay home to polish the chrome?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • sleep till May? It may still snow in April.

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

denver6

Just thought I would throw out a survey to see if any Front Range COG'ers are interested in a tech day or riding day late next month?  It would be a good time to go over Bruce's route plan for getting to the SW Rally in Prescott as well as just taking the opportunity to get to ride together.  I think I have seen some new COG'ers since last year so feel free to participate as a meet and greet even if you don't need to do any work or don't plan to attend the SW Rally in Prescott.  :beerchug:

Bruce has a route plan?
Um...
How about, we recreate day-1 from last June, and then go south?
Tech / ride / both - I'm in.

denver6 said:
Old Man on a Connie said:
From NV but voted anyway.  :nananana: Rule 9

Hey Old Man - are you sure you are posting in the correct thread?  I'm just sayin'  :))
Depends on the day. Ya know it's a roll of the dice with me. :)

denver6 said:
From NV but voted anyway.  :nananana: Rule 9

Hey Old Man - are you sure you are posting in the correct thread?  I'm just sayin'  :))
Depends on the day. Ya know it's a roll of the dice with me. :)

Yeah - senility sucks.  :) But thanks for the vote!

Very little chrome to polish! Let's do a ride or dashboard dining in your driveway or both!    :beerchug:

When are ya thinkin' there, Bruce?  I'm outta town first two weekends...
Nga & I did that ride last year.  Great scenic route.  And WP has some good places for chow.

notsluggo said:
When are ya thinkin' there, Bruce?  I'm outta town first two weekends...
Nga & I did that ride last year.  Great scenic route.  And WP has some good places for chow.

I was thinking April 26th or 27th. Either works for me.

Ok, I'm thinking the 26th.  I'm not sure about the tech day - last year we really didn't do much tech'ing.  One oil change and I did some C10 wheel bearings.  This year I need to do the fork seals on that same C10 so I can sell it.  But I don't think I am going to wait for the 26th - the sooner I get those seals done, the sooner I can get it sold.

So if someone has something specific they want to do, let me know and we can plan to do some tech stuff. We can do just about anything including tires.  I am not an expert on C10 or C14 valve adjustment, so if you want to do that and prefer to work with someone who has done it before, it won't be me.  If no one has anything specific they want to do, we can just RTE.

But go ahead and mark your calendars for Saturday the 26th.  I will ask CRocker to get it on the calendar.

:beerchug:

denver6 said:
Just thought I would throw out a survey to see if any Front Range COG'ers are interested in a tech day or riding day late next month?  It would be a good time to go over Bruce's route plan for getting to the SW Rally in Prescott as well as just taking the opportunity to get to ride together.  I think I have seen some new COG'ers since last year so feel free to participate as a meet and greet even if you don't need to do any work or don't plan to attend the SW Rally in Prescott.  :beerchug:
Where do you mean when you say front range? I have to come down from Cheyenne. We were up at Estes last Sunday.

I mean anyone who is close enough to want to join.  If you are in the mood to head our way, you are more than welcome!  :great: