• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Colorado to California 2,700 mile trip

Jerry

Tricycle
First long trip on my '06 Connie is now in the book. I live in western Colorado, rode out to meet and ride with some friends near Santa Margarita, California. (Santa Margarita is near San Louis Obispo.) I towed my trailer and camped at the Santa Magarita State Park. Here is a shot of my rig on Hwy 46 north of Bakersfield:
911a.jpg
Here I am along the California coast:
978a.jpg
My camping spot: .
913a.jpg
A few comments from a "new" (purchased in March this year) Connie rider. Stock seat sucks, but can be managed with enough stops. A custom seat is definitly in the future. Highway pegs. I had them on my old Yamaha, and promptly ordered a set of Millerized pegs on my return. Don't leave home without them. The 19" Rifle system and Genmar bar risers I put on before the trip were definitly worth the money. A set of Murph's Kneesavers will be added before my next long trip. There are some parts of this country that are not worth riding through more than once. The stretch between Las Vegas and Bakersfield qualifies as one. IHOP restaraunts are pretty good places to eat. Always check to see if your campground showers are coin operated. Do this before you want/need to shower. All-in-all it was pretty good trip. The Connie pulled the trailer with no problems, and I had no mechanical issues at all. With a few more upgrades to increase long-haul comfort I'll really be set for more long trips.