• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Columbus Ohio Tech/Meet and Greet July 11,2015

ConcoursKZ

Sport Tourer
If we can get at least 5 confirmed attendees I would love to host a Tech Session at my house in Upper Arlington Ohio on July 11th, 2015. 2 1/2 Car garage with most hand tools. I will also provide New York Strips, Adult Beverages and Side Dishes to all attendees who confirm and their passengers. Those who wish to stay late there are a few Hotels near by and my Wife would be more than happy to be the Designated Driver to your Hotel.We could also plan a ride to Hocking Hills on Sunday for those who stay over. 

ConcoursKZ said:
If we can get at least 5 confirmed attendees I would love to host a Tech Session at my house in Upper Arlington Ohio on July 11th, 2015. 2 1/2 Car garage with most hand tools. I will also provide New York Strips, Adult Beverages and Side Dishes to all attendees who confirm and their passengers. Those who wish to stay late there are a few Hotels near by and my Wife would be more than happy to be the Designated Driver to your Hotel.We could also plan a ride to Hocking Hills on Sunday for those who stay over.
Gonna put this on the calendar as a date to be there. Sounds like a good time to set my sights on.

I'll  be there! Pretty long haul though.....all the way from Reynoldsburg!  Haha.
I also met a Connie owner w the Central Ohio Riders (Meetup.com). I can reach out to him to see if he has interest in COG. Thanks for hosting.

bam2169 said:
I'll plan to be there. Will probably stay the night with family and join the ride Sunday as well.

You can always stay up all night and play a little heads up holdem. Your bike would look pretty nice next to mine.

lMAO! Oh i couldn't take that away from you...I'll just take the cash.. :) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Going to try to make it up. WOn't be on the bike because my son and I got summoned to a reunion in Glouster OH that evening. Not sure how the plans have shaped up. Let us know details.

Weather is looking decent, will still ride down to Iron Pony I think. Thought we had enough people to at least do a meet of some sort.

Just double checking - I didn't  see that it was canceled until just now.  Guessing not enough people? I'm  still available if anything changes. I was ready to get all edg-u-ma-cated too!

Well, I'll be headed towards Mt. Vernon on Rt. 3 south out of Cleveland, may end up at Iron Pony in Westerville, then maybe head over to Waldo for a fried bologna sandwich at G&R Tavern. Not set in stone, depends on a lot, but that's my plan. Maybe I'll see a few of you, if not, I'd like to do something else in July and August.

http://www.gandrtavern.com/

Yeah, I know, when I saw you post the tech session I was wondering why on that weekend. anyway, made it to Loudenville and turned around, WAY TOO MANY idiots on the road and too many roads closed and too many towns having some sort of festivals or car shows or some such and literally closed the towns down. Got behind some HD's guys on Rt. 60 north, at Rt. 250 outside of Ashland an old guy in a van turned left in front of them and the one guy smashed into a car coming the opposite way, stayed to help, nobody really hurt, folks should wear gear, I went home. 

Saw lots of bikes on the road yesterday.  Killed me to be sitting in Nelsonville in the middle of the hocking Hills at the wife's  family reunion knowing it was a beautiful day.  I got a short ride in.......  Had to take the wife's BMW  over to lithopolis for a new battery.  Repsycle shop was empty.  Able to get the bike in for service last minute because every one was up at vintage days

Was also Good Guys this weekend in Columbus.  We rode the KLR around the area hotels where everyone cruises. Some mean muscle cars out there.  Lots of difference in power from the Connie to the KLR. Haha. Kinda depressing riding two up on the KLR. 

I rode my usual ride down to and around Hocking Hills on Sat.  Let me tell you, on the way home, it actually crossed my mind to give up riding.  It felt like my life was in danger every few minutes with all the idiots out there.  SOMETHING HAS GOT TO BE DONE ABOUT THE TEXTERS/SMARTPHONE USERS!!!!  And, not just the phone morons, but non-users seemed to be driving way too slow, or way too fast, or way too close to my 6.  I even went past a trooper shooting laser, with an a$$hole riding my a$$ and the trooper did nothing and I even waved my arm as I went by.  An uncountable number of people crossing the double yellows in the curves AND the straightaways.  As I've said in other threads, this secondary offense texting law that we have is a joke.  We need a hands free (at the minimum) law and it needs to be enforced.

Edited to add:  Then, there were all the people cutting their overgrown wet grass and shooting huge piles of wet clippings all over the road.  That made some curves real fun.

Bill Hookman said:
  As I've said in other threads, this secondary offense texting law that we have is a joke.  We need a hands free (at the minimum) law and it needs to be enforced.

I am with ya on that one....in spades. Yet the OHP officer that had me pulled over on 33 at Pleasantville Road refused to answer the 3 questions the Indiana Troopers laughingly told me to ask him about the law

1 How many tickets have you written for distracted driving or texting this MONTH?

2 How many tickets have you written for speeding on this stretch of road this MORNING?

3 Flip the ticket over and tell me what fines are on the back of the ticket......(only speeding is on the one I got)  of course this prompted me to ask if they have a seperate ticket for speeding and one for all other offenses....

WHen he accused me of being a smartass and started becoming threatening.....I just said...."no am not being smart....when I was bragging on your new law the ISP officers I hang with just laughed and told me to ask those questions".... Perhaps him knowing I was close to the ISP backed him off a little....that would have been quite a story to share with his brothers in blue......"naw, I asked him the questions and he arrested me for something else " would have gone over really well.

What use is a law that is unenforced? Only place I have seen work is hands free in Europe and now in Illinois. Make the fines large and the penalties strict.

When I was in Chicago 2 years ago, while riding the rapid transit train that goes down the middle of the expressway, I noticed the drivers on the e-way and hardly none fo them was on the phone or texting.  I asked my cousin why, and she said that they had a hands free only law and it was enforced.  I was back there 3 weeks ago and saw a few more on the phone, but nowhere near what I see here in OH.  I don't understand when there have been multiple studies done that show that cellphone use is just as bad as drunk driving, why we can't get a tougher law passed.  Hell, they don't seem to be interested in even introducing a bill.  I guess it's too tough to prove cellphone use was the cause of an accident, unlike DUI via breathalyzer/blood test, so, it's not on the minds of the voting public.

The state troopers and legislators say the problem is the money behind the cell phone industry. They seem to think the industry wants the data streaming and the minutes flying off the plan and a captive driving audience fills both bills. pac money keeping the hands free from passing in their eyes.

I think the hands free law and harsh enforcement would clean it up in a big hurry and put the money the cops have come so accustomed to making that much easier to pick off.

Granted it is hard to enforce what the phone is being used for but there is little doubt if it is in your hand that there is a great deal more abuse than if fyou had to learn up to read, write and hold your head in one place  and hand up to your ear.

At least going hands free would make people learn how to use the tools they have on the phones already.i.e. speakerphone, voice dial etc