• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

concourse fairing fasteners

gslothower

Training Wheels
Someone had  a set of fairing fasteners that had each one marked where they go and would eliminate the stock ones that strip out easy. Cant seem to remember who had then any help?

Not so sure about the marked one, but Murphs SS screw kits are great.  I like the silver oval head style (they stick out a lot) over the flatter, black ones.  They are less popular, but hey, I'm all about making Murph take the road less traveled. LOL

Some guys make a template out of cardboard to hold the screws in order while they have the bike apart.  I just memorized which screws go where.  It was easy... all I did was remove the plastic 8372 times and I had it down pat.  Of course by then i'd lost half the screws which also helped. :eek:

May have to give Murph another call. LOL

You will love my template.
2353078222_582b59c436.jpg

Glenn, It's been a while, but if I recall correctly, the kit from Murph has a diagram/instructions showing where each screw goes. And the Allen heads DON'T strip out like the stock screws! Well worth the money in my opinion.

Eddie

I took a juice box carton and used shipping tape to 'laminate' a picture of a Conc on two sides of it.  One of the sides I flipped horizontally, to match the two sides of the bike.  I cut slots in the picture at the places the screws come out of.  Pull out a screw, stick it in the picture where it came from.  Simple. 

As they say, 'that works for me'.

I have the Murph's kit Stainless steel allen head screws and they come with a diagram showing where each length screw belongs.  I made copies and at last bike week handed them out to who ever wanted them.  I still have the original and a copy machine....  I love the replacement screws. The kit even had new screws for the clutch and brake resevoirs and I needed them.