• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Connecticut Motorcycle Safety Open House

S Smith

Northeast Area Director
Connecticut Rider Education Program Open House Events Saturday, April 10, 1p - 4p Naugatuck Valley Community College Technology Hall & Parking Lot D 750 Chase Parkway Waterbury, CT 06708 Saturday, April 24, 1p - 4p Cliff's Cycle Revolution 465 Federal Road Brookfield, CT 06804 Get information on motorcycle course offerings... Basic Ridercourse (BRC) Experienced Ridercourse (ERC) Advanced Ridercourse - Sportbike Techniques (ARC-ST) Live riding demonstrations Try the Honda SMARTrainer motorcycle simulator Perception & Vision Challenge Try out the Fatal Vision "drunk" goggles Get a free copy of the official Connecticut Motorcycle Map and other goodies -- Steve Smith, COG #3184 COG Northeast Area Director (somewhere in south central CT)
larryline.gif

hi Steve, this is Andy from newtown, I took my wife today to sit on a Honda 250 and she was OK with it. I am talking her into to riding. I requested her to do a msf course before starting the journey of motorcycle riding. when or how should i get into a course. ps she has only driven auto's before so i would rather it not be me to teach her. plus i also bought my 9 year old daughter her first helmet. So i can take her to school etc. I can not find any laws about carrying pillion passengers for CT except that they must wear head covering. Am i right on this. Andy

Hi Andy CT Motorcycle Laws: http://home.ama-cycle.org/amaccess/laws/result.asp?state=CT If your wife plans to rinde later this season, get her into a class now as space fills up very fast. For example, classes in Waterbury are full until into June. How you go about signing up depends on which training site you plan to take the course at. You should contact that site coordinator directly to find out more info. Here is a list of sites: http://www.ct.gov/dot/cwp/view.asp?a=1388&q=259454 See you on the 24th -- Steve Smith, COG #3184 COG Northeast Area Director (somewhere in south central CT)
larryline.gif

Bring the family to the open house event this Saturday. You & your wife can try out the SMARTrainer. Hope to see some COG friends at Cliff's. -- Steve Smith, COG #3184 COG Northeast Area Director (somewhere in south central CT)
larryline.gif

Maybe I'll take a ride out. I would like to try to simulator. Bionic Bob COG & AMA member First C14 CDA member #0220 08 C14,03 Mean Streak, & 86 C10
2638311280103513287fDmUTZ_th.jpg

Hey Bob & Andy... what did you think of the SMARTrainer? -- Steve Smith, COG #3184 COG Northeast Area Director (somewhere in south central CT)
larryline.gif

I did worse when I was actually trying!!!! :p It was king of cool though. Bionic Bob COG & AMA member First C14 CDA member #0220 08 C14,03 Mean Streak, & 86 C10
2638311280103513287fDmUTZ_th.jpg