• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Connie Rides Again

centex

Mini Bike
I put 8,000 miles and a few farkles on my new 2004 Connie when she was parked (reason not important here) unused for 5+years.  I'd joined COG back then as #5964 but I let my membership lapse and stopped 'checking-in' at COG.

Jump to 2011 and I'm ready and able for 2-wheels again … I find some unfortunate 'issues' on the www re:COG, but after a short bit of confusion rejoin COG and still find many great resources for Connie fans, albeit spread among several locations.  No worries, the COG technical library is now more accessible than ever and I especially thank Rich Riczinger for his Fall 2006 Concourier carb rebuild article which very directly assisted in getting me back on the road again  :)

SCAD Bob Smith was quick to contact me by email, thanks for your note, Bob.

After several weeks of cleanup and refurb, with help from several COG technical resources, Members and Industry Members, it has been a real joy to be back on the road with the Connie for a week now.  The pics show both 2004-vintage farkles/mods and the fork-boots I added in this recent re-birth.

Somehow, now that there's a modern C-14, the Classic Connie seemed to need those gaiters  8) 

It’s good to be back among the COGnoscenti  ^-^

ConnieSide.jpg

ConnieTail.jpg

ForkBootDetail.jpg

Hey Centex,
Are you going to try and come over to the Wildflower ride this weekend?

Oh and welcome to the forum.